Company: Vit-Best Nutrition
Posted on: November 16, 2022
- The maintenance mechanic A position is a senior-level mechanic
with 6+ years of maintenance background or strong demonstration of
skill sets that will help ensure the Vit-Best facility and all
equipment are properly maintained in a timely manner. This
individual has exemplary knowledge in technical skills, trade
skills, troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of manufacturing
equipment as well as leadership skills. Maintenance mechanic A will
have a strong work ethic and be able to communicate with
maintenance leadership and respond to operation supervisors and
managers. This position will be required to follow company policies
and procedures with an emphasis on safety and - - - - - cGMP and
follow instructions by maintenance leadership, and positively
guides mechanic B and C peers to elevate the team's knowledge. - -
- - - -DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (Duties may include, but are not
limited to, the following):
- Responsible for working safely, and following company policies
and cGMP's. - - - - -
- Responsible for minor and major repairs of plant equipment in
accordance with operation manuals and manufacturing
- Disassemble and assemble production equipment beyond operator
capabilities to replace defective or worn parts with new ones.
- Troubleshoots equipment by following electrical schematics or
blueprints. -Responsible for - - - - - communicating directly with
OEM on electrical troubleshooting of quipment. -Demonstrated
working knowledge of low voltage controls troubleshooting. - -
- May set up and operate lathe, drill press, milling, grinder,
and other metalworking tools to fabricate or repair major and minor
parts. -May design and create parts for projects.
- Performs minor and major preventive maintenance on all plant
production equipment by following preventative maintenance
procedures scheduled by the maintenance planner. -
- Safely operating a forklift and/or stand-up lift truck.
- Master of facilities equipment: air handler units, boilers,
steam, DI system, etc.
- Can lead projects within the maintenance team and provide
guidance to level B and C mechanics.
- Demonstrated skills with tig welding, soldering, and plumbing
- Capable and willing to handle Mechanic B and C level tasks when
- Participates in daily direction setting meetings of operations
- Capable of performing necessary paperwork duties as it relates
to Quality documentation for vitamin manufacturing and knows how to
operate a computer to complete PMs and MWOs within the computerized
maintenance management system.
- Maintains all required training deemed essential to one's job
functions by the maintenance - - - - - - -department leadership.
- Adheres and is trained to all Cal OSHA and Vit-Best safety
- Participates in company certified training to support the
upkeep of manufacturing equipment to grow specialized skills.
-Willingly seeks outside certification to further grow technical
and leadership skills.
- Provides continuous improvement ideas to improve the efficiency
and longevity of manufacturing and packaging equipment.
- May be assigned other tasks by supervisor or management.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge of cGMP's regulations.
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) forklift
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide into all units of
measure, using whole numbers, fractions, and -decimals. Ability to
compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to read electrical schematics or blueprints.
- Bilingual (Spanish) desired.
- Ability to read and interpret documents in English.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of mechanical, plumbing, and
- Familiar with nutraceutical manufacturing and packaging
- The mast of operation of maintenance tools: lathes, mills,
drill presses, etc.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in a team setting. EDUCATION &
- A High School diploma or general education degree (GED) is
- Minimum 6 years of manufacturing or packaging maintenance
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a cGMP environment.
- Trade certifications are preferred.
Keywords: Vit-Best Nutrition, Tustin , Maintenance Technician, Professions , Tustin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!