Encompass System Analyst
Company: New American Funding
Posted on: February 19, 2021
Summary: The Business Systems Analyst (BSA) will be responsible
for engaging with the business to gather requirements, analyze
system configuration and business rules, and design solutions to
meet the customer's needs while following best practices and
department procedures. This person must have critical thinking
skills necessary to solve complex problems and technical skills to
write advanced business rules.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead discovery meetings with department managers and end users
to capture requirements.
- Assist requestors in determining exactly what their
requirements are, which may require differentiating what the
requestor is asking from what they actually need.
- Perform system and business process analysis to determine the
impact of proposed solutions.
- Look for opportunities to deliver solutions in new and
innovative ways that simplify the end user's experience. Make
recommendations on system changes and optimizations.
- Write change requests to communicate the business's functional
requirements to the admins/developers for build.
- Create test plans, perform Quality Assurance (QA) testing and
coordinate user acceptance testing (UAT).
- Proactively resolve project issues with a strong sense of
urgency, escalating to managers as needed to mitigate risk.
- Create and maintain process mapping, functional specifications,
workflow diagrams , training documentation, change log, and
- Design input forms, pipeline views, reports, and print forms.
Implementation of these solutions may be required under the
guidance of system administrators.
- Develop and maintain a detailed knowledge of New American
Funding's business processes and internal procedures, improvements
in systems, industry trends, and emerging technologies -
documenting as needed.
- Research and troubleshoot Tier 2 support tickets as
- Provide support for managers and other team members as
- Previous experience in mortgage banking and an in-depth
understanding of the mortgage industry including the life cycle of
a loan. Has knowledge of commonly used terminology, concepts, and
practices and procedures within the mortgage industry
- Previous experience with an enterprise LOS such as
Encompass360-- or equivalent.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate reports to ensure data
integrity, derive patterns, trends, etc.
- Creative with strong analytical and critical thinking skills
necessary to solve complex problems.
- An in-depth understanding of problem identification and
resolution to help in gathering and analyzing status on milestones,
issues, and risk mitigation plans.
- Should genuinely care about people and want to help them. Must
have the ability to be patient, friendly, and kind in all
- Exudes professionalism and is comfortable working with people
from all departments, including managers and executives, in person,
on the phone, through email, and via webinars.
- Must be a team player with a sense of humor, who is reliable
and willing to volunteer for projects and pitch in when needed.
Overtime may be required.
- Self-motivated and capable of working independently. Must be
flexible and able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing
environment. Able to prioritize work and adapt to shifting
priorities based on business demand.
- Clear, concise, and professional written and verbal
communication skills. Excellent documentation skills and the
ability to keep various documents up to date.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to
speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area,
circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic
algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability
to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have
knowledge of MS Word word-processing software; MS Excel spreadsheet
software and Internet Explorer, MS Outlook internet software.
Certificates And Licenses
No certifications needed
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
EOE/M/F/D/V. Drug-free workplace.
Must be able to verify identity and employment eligibility to work
in the U.S.
Keywords: New American Funding, Tustin , Encompass System Analyst, Professions , Tustin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!