Company: Volt Services Group
Posted on: November 30, 2019
Volt is looking for a Mold Maker!! Direct Hire Opportunity!!MOLD
MAKERThe Mold Maker position uses appropriate equipment such as
surface grinder, lathes, milling machines, CNC, wire EDM, GRINDERS,
and other equipment to create and make tooling to match part
drawings. Uses standard bench practices to determine repair needs
for Injection Molding (IM) molds, including predictive maintenance.
Additional responsibilities may include general cleaning, welding,
spotting and polishing.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Read blueprints and use necessary measuring devices to make, or
modify existing tooling, tools for new or old job prints.
- Make sure tools are sharpened and tool holders in good working
condition before being placed back on shelf or in tool drawers.
Repair or requisition replacement parts, tooling or hardware as
needed to maintain adequate stock.
- Review open work order for repair; upon completion of repair,
update and close work order.
- Set up and operate all tool room machines for specific form
tool, tap, drills, or holder for grinding.
- Make any necessary repairs to in-house tools.
- In coordination with IM Engineer, will repair broken slides,
cores, cavities and vents as required using a standard bench
- Carry out tooling maintenance.
- Will re-work tooling issues such as worn edges, dings, scuffs,
- Polish cores as required using proven bench practices.
- Perform welding or grinding activities to meet specified
tolerance(s) Will implement proper application and maintenance of
vents, including assemble/disassemble, documented measurements and
- * Inspect new molds, including breakdown, confirming
measurements and identification of required parts for
- * Complete all forms and paperwork as required to maintain
proper record of completed work.
- * Maintain record of spare parts inventory ensuring
availability of required parts as needed.
- * Make up set-up carts for any machine upon request, providing
print is given out in sufficient time to prepare said carts. Use
tools that are safe and in good repair.
- * Maintain proper housekeeping and safety standards i.e.,
proper use of personal protective equipment.
- * Participate in department/shift/team meetings.
- * Perform other duties as requested by the Tool Room Manager.
Required Education and Experience
- 5+ years of experience in tool maker position in manufacturing
with proven ability to deliver desired results.
- Knowledge of ISO standards.
- Must have GD&T skills.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills with ability to motivate
- Strong technical, business, and organizational skills.
- Able to plan and organize daily activities, analyze data and
react to changes and challenges in the business.
- Ability to communicate and present effectively in both written
and oral form required.
- Must be proficient in MS Office.Volt is an Equal Opportunity
Employer - provided by Dice
Keywords: Volt Services Group, Tustin , Mold Maker, Other , Tustin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!