Sr Scientist Analytical Development - Irvine
Company: Kelly Services
Posted on: September 26, 2019
Sr Scientist Analytical Development - Irvine area, CA
- Develop, Troubleshoot and Qualify/validate HPLC / UPLC, CE,
Spectroscopy platform assays used for antibodies and biosimilar
- As a Senior Scientist, this individual will lead a group of 4-5
Scientists/associates to drive the development, optimization and
qualification of HPLC platform methods.
- Lead phase-appropriate Chromatographic method development,
regular testing support for process development, product/process
characterization, and analytical transfer to QC laboratories for
biologics drug substance/drug products.
- Demonstrated hands-on technical leadership in the laboratory,
oversee and delegate experimental/project responsibilities as
needed, and write/review protocols/development summary reports.
- Experience with applying sound scientific principles and
innovative approaches of Analytical Chemistry to understand the
protein chemistry for therapeutic drugs required.
- Serve as a HPLC / LC-MS / CE expert on client-facing project
- Be an effective communicator of ideas, project goals and
results to team members across cross-functional roles/departments
and clients. Proactively identify issues and develop solutions in a
collaborative multidisciplinary environment.
- Be self-motivated and organized, familiar with the relevant
literature, and enjoy scientific investigation and thinking.
- Lead, motivate, and develop the people in their group.
- Routinely make decisions affecting direction of project to
ensure project timelines are met.
- Direct research associates or members of project teams (as
needed) in the initiation and execution of laboratory
experimentation, considering economic, regulatory and safety
- Participate in client visits presenting on analytical skills
and experiences of the team, defining scope of works and timelines
as well as estimated stage costs including raw materials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for conducting scientific research for the
development/testing of HPLC, LC-MS, CE and other analytical methods
- Applies the principles and techniques of Analytical Chemistry
to biologics development.
- Advises Research Associates/Scientists or members of project
teams in the initiation and execution of laboratory
experimentation, considering economic, regulatory and safety
- Presents results of work, interprets data, and draws
conclusions regarding presented material and nature of work.
- Maintains full working knowledge of principles and theories,
applying such knowledge to the direction that supports Company and
- Demonstrates emerging ability in developing methods, techniques
and evaluation criteria for obtaining results and interpreting
- Must think critically and creatively and be able to work
independently, determine appropriate resources for resolution of
problems and have strong organizational and planning skills.
- May contribute to scientific literature and conferences or
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and technical) and
strong interpersonal skills are required.
- Primary point of contact with a client for HPLC, Mass
spectrometry, Capillary Electrophoresis, and other analytical
methods (LC-MS, ELISA, and SDS-PAGE). Articulate around the science
and problem solving as well as timeline and costs.
- Develops estimates of timelines, budgets and statements of work
to support client requests.
- Develops capital proposals when lab equipment needs to be
purchased, upgraded or replaced.
- PhD in a relevant scientific discipline (Analytical Chemistry,
Bioanalytical Chemistry, and Biochemistry) with 6 years of industry
experience is required or MS Degree with 10 years industry
experience or BS Degree with 15 years industry experience.
- Experience in analytical method development for release,
stability, in-process testing and product characterization of
glycoproteins derived from mammalian cell culture processes.
- Proficiency with the following techniques is necessary and/or
desired: 4-6 years of HPLC / CE development /
- In addition, 2-4 years of hands on experience with (U) HPLC,
capillary electrophoresis, enzyme activity assays, qPCR,
spectrophotometry, mass spectrometry is desirable.
- A background in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry,
or Biology is preferred.
- Supervision experience is preferred.
- Experience with bioanalytical method transfer for drug
substance and drug product release and stability testing from other
labs and/or into QC is desired.
- Experience with applying the principles and techniques of
Analytical Chemistry is required.
For immediate consideration, apply today! Questions? Call Toni at
714.454.8252 OR email at email@example.comWhy
Kelly--?With Kelly, youll have access to some of the worlds highest
regarded scientific organizationsproviding you with opportunities
to work on todays most challenging, research-intensive, and
relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative
scientific pursuits youll be proud to help advance. We work with 90
of the Fortune 100 companies and found opportunities for more than
10,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge
and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel
your careerconnect with us today.About Kelly--At Kelly, were always
thinking about whats next and advising job seekers on new ways of
working to reach their full potential. In fact, were a leading
advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we
believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities
that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people
with great companies is what we do best, and our employment
opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and
industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a
diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities,
females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual
orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The
Keywords: Kelly Services, Tustin , Sr Scientist Analytical Development - Irvine, Other , Tustin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!