Professional Color Advisor
Posted on: February 28, 2019
ARE YOU? Passionate about color and design, personable, creative, a team-player, inquisitive, go-getter, self-motivated, organized.... If these keywords describe you, the Professional Color Advisor position may be exactly what you are looking for! Dunn-Edwards Paints prides itself on manufacturing and distributing high-quality products, providing first-class service from proud, knowledgeable employees, and a commitment to our environment. We are well known as the professional's first choice for their coatings needs. GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB: Under the direct supervision of the Store Management team, the Professional Color Advisor, known in the industry as a Color Consultant, is our go-to expert for assisting with designing color schemes and palettes for homeowners. In addition, our Professional Color Advisors are responsible for providing superior customer service. We only hire Interior Design graduates or students currently enrolled in a degree program, so that our customers are assured they're receiving professional advice from someone who can speak specifically to the elements and principles of design. This is an in-store role with the opportunity to participate in community events and tradeshows. Dunn-Edwards is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Displays outstanding phone and email etiquette always
- Must be professional and have a positive attitude at all times
- Making a connection with customers and giving educated advice based on information gained from conversations with the customer
- Attends training classes and monthly store meetings to discuss matters of improving Color Advisor department operations
- Learn and utilize Dunn-Edwards sales aids such as: Specification Guide, Dunn-Edwards Perfect Palette Color System, computer renderings using Adobe Photoshop Software, Product Information Sheets, and Safety Data Sheets
- Must have the ability to understand different lighting sources and how they relate to change in color
- Develop product knowledge by utilizing corporate training tools, pamphlets and attending training classes to communicate effectively to the customer
- Must be in-view and readily available to assist customers on the sales floor
- Must be capable and willing of performing specifically assigned job duties at, or below current classification including: processing orders over telephone and in-person, operating cash register and carrying out paint to customer vehicle
- Consistently participates in store maintenance and store housekeeping
- Must be able to offer feedback to management regarding Color Advisor issues, customer service issues, and offer suggestions on training needs for store employees
- Responsible for keeping appointment schedules and logs pertaining to in-store consultations and must inform their direct manager or supervisor of all scheduled appointments and rendering responsibilities to ensure proper coverage
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Ability to multi-task in a retail setting and meet deadlines when necessary SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: There are no employees who report directly to this job. Part of the job is training store sales associates to assist in color design, recommendations, and techniques. LANGUAGE/COMMUNICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English is required
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have ability to read and interpret professional publications
- Must have ability to produce reports and business correspondence
- Must have ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from individuals and groups
- Bilingual is a plus EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Interior Design degree or currently enrolled in a degree program is required. AVAILABLE BENEFITS:
- Health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, vacation and holiday pay, paid sick time, 401K program (benefits vary for part-time employees). (This applies to internal applicants only) General Qualifications/Requirements for applying:
- A letter of recommendation from your manager.
- Applicants must be in their current position for a minimum of 90 days.
- Any Internal applicant who has received critical discipline within the past 6 months will be eliminated from consideration.
- Applicants must have received:
- Stores: 3.0 or higher on last quarterly or annual appraisal (whichever is most recent)
- Sales: 3.0 or higher on last annual or mid-year review (whichever is most recent)
- All others: 3.0 or higher on last annual performance appraisal All internal applicants who meet the qualifications/requirements of this job, as well as those listed above, are encouraged to apply and will be considered on a non-discriminatory basis. Persons who apply for the same position at different locations must notify the respective hiring manager(s). Process Guidelines for Internal Applicants: Human Resources has established these Guidelines for these purposes:
- To inform you about what is required to apply for this position.
- To inform you that HR intends its oversight of the process in order to:
- promote fairness and consistency so that all qualified internal applicants have an equal chance to apply.
- ensure compliance with the Job Posting Policy and all related provisions of the Employee Handbook.
- Internal applicants are preferred, although external candidates may simultaneously be considered.
- Not all internal applicants will be granted an interview for this position. The hiring manager reserves the right to determine (1) whether an internal applicant meets the qualifications for the position; (2) whether an internal applicant should be interviewed for either a non-management or management position; (3) whether an internal applicant should be interviewed in person, by telephone or a combination of the two. Such determination shall be made on a non-discriminatory basis.
- Not all vacancies will be posted. This especially applies, but is not limited, to senior management positions. Ultimately, whether any vacancy is posted is at the discretion of the hiring manager in consultation with the Vice President of Human Resources.
- A background check, including a satisfactory DMV check and drug screen, and other tests may be required for this position.
- The ideal internal applicant must live in the above geographical area or be willing to relocate at his/her own expense upon acceptance of this position (i.e., within 50 miles).
- Application Due Date: It is absolutely imperative that you submit all of your application materials no later than 5 p.m. on the closing date noted on the posting. (There will be no exceptions to these due dates and/or time requirements absent certain extenuating circumstances).
- You must inform the hiring manager if you will not be available for an interview due to a scheduled vacation or unscheduled leave during the job posting process or at the time interviews may be conducted. Your failure to so inform the hiring manager may result in your not being interviewed for this position.
Keywords: Dunn-Edwards, Tustin , Professional Color Advisor, Other , Tustin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!