Sales Rep Merchandiser - AVP
Company: Youngs Market Co
Posted on: November 20, 2022
If you are a current employee, please STOP and apply through the
Careers Application in Workday
Job Description Summary:
At Republic National Distributing Co., we believe that if it's fun,
we're doing it right! As a member of our sales team, you are the
face of our company, our culture, and the suppliers whose products
we sell. We ensure that you have the training and support you need
to make a meaningful difference. In turn, your efforts help ensure
that our customers have what they need to enjoy many more Happy
As a Sales Rep Merchandiser Associate, you will have a set account
list so you're not 'cold calling.' You will visit your assigned
accounts more than once a week, giving you the chance to develop
deep, rewarding relationships.
Are you creative? This role gives you the creative outlet you
crave, with quick and measurable feedback on your creations. Build
eye-catching displays that capture customers' eyes.
Are you a closet tech geek? Work with cutting-edge technology like
Sales Force, with incentives that fuel your competitive side.
This entry-level role gives you the opportunity to learn about the
industry, our products, and our sales techniques - then put those
learnings into action to achieve company and supplier program
* Plan your time and activities to ensure you achieve company and
supplier goals and sales objectives in your assigned accounts using
monthly, weekly and daily written plans that you develop.
* Establish and follow an efficient and economical routing pattern
that ensures you service and merchandise your assigned accounts as
* Follow the established guidelines for a complete sales call.
* Build and sustain a positive relationship and effective
partnership with the decision maker in all assigned accounts.
* Gain knowledge of each account's business operations, then use
that knowledge to coordinate multiple and diverse options for
selling the company's products to each.
* Have extensive knowledge of the brands including in-depth
features and benefits of each compared to the competition.
* Ensure 100% distribution of all authorized SKU's in cold box and
on shelf in all assigned accounts.
* Ensure feature price promotions and display merchandising support
from the assigned territory chain account buyers.
* Communicate issues, opportunities, and market intelligence with
* Maintain up-to-date, accurate territory and account records.
* Submit accurate reports in a timely manner.
* Follow company policies and procedures.
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: A Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from an
accredited four-year college or university in related field or
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: The role requires the ability to read and
interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance
instructions, and procedure manuals. This position requires the
ability to write routine reports and correspondence. The role also
requires the ability to speak effectively before groups of
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to
calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest,
commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to solve
practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in
situations where only limited standardization exists. This role
also requires the ability to interpret a variety of instructions
furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Must possess valid driver's
license, reliable vehicle and clean DMV record.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
* Proven abilities to develop selling strategies targeted to
enhance wine and spirit sales.
* Ability to work with management, colleagues, and customers
throughout the business and industry at every level.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
* Sales Tasks & Activities: Knowledge of processes, tools,
techniques and theory behind selling the organization's products or
* Knowledge of Customers & Sales Channels: Knowledge of specific
customer's business operations and ability to coordinate multiple
and diverse options for selling the organization's products and
services to each. Knowledge of and ability to utilize customer
profile and information.
* Knowledge of Product Line: Knowledge of specific products and
associated development process and strategy.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS - (These are required to perform the key
responsibilities of the job with or without accommodations)
* Lift up to 50 pounds repeatedly
* Walk, stand, climb, balance, reach with hands and arms, stoop,
kneel, crouch or crawl on a daily basis
* Drive a reliable vehicle from account to account
* Must possess a valid state driver's license.
* Must have a clean Motor Vehicle Record
* This job requires the use of your personal vehicle of which you
will be reimbursed for business related driving expenses.
* This job requires a person to be 21 years of age or older.
Enjoy a career with us!
Keywords: Youngs Market Co, Tustin , Sales Rep Merchandiser - AVP, Other , Tustin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!