Front Office Supervisor
Company: Animal Dermatology Group Inc
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Animal Dermatology Group (ADG) is the largest veterinary
dermatology business in the U.S., providing the highest quality
care to pets with acute and chronic skin conditions. We operate
large, multi-doctor referral practices specializing in veterinary
dermatology throughout the United States and internationally. In
the U.S., our doctors practice out of 15+ primary clinic locations
and more than 25 satellite locations nationwide and we strive to
lead in clinical practice, research and education in our field. In
additional to providing advanced, specialized care to patients and
supporting general practice veterinarians, ADG participates in
drug/product development and clinical trials and dermatology
Animal Dermatology Clinic - Tustin is seeking a Front Office
Supervisor to perform a wide range of difficult to complex
administrative activities related to Animal Dermatology Clinic,
providing quality patient care and excellent client service,
coordinating and representing all facets of client services,
managing finances and accounting, marketing and promotion of
services, staffing and personnel operations, and discretionary
activities, that serve to support effective business operations.
You will serve as a leader and role model to the staff while
ensuring that everyone meet and greet clients and their pets and to
serve as a good will ambassador for the clinic. Knowledge, Skills
- Excellent client service skills.
- Human resource skill.
- Financial budget management.
- Knowledge of sales and marketing techniques.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral.
- Goal oriented.
- Background in managing service-oriented operations.
- Ability to plan, organize and effectively present ideas and
- Ability to take information obtained from clients, staff, and
other sources, discern that which is credible and assess the clinic
and its operation objectively.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks at once, and deal with
high levels of stress in an environment of changing
- Excellent phone skills.
- Computer skills preferred.
- Must be friendly, outgoing, people-oriented.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Well groomed, organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to take direction.
- Ability to handle money accurately and honestly.
- Must possess sound decision-making skills and multi-task while
working in an environment of stress.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma.
- Client relations experience and experience working with the
public, i.e. service business.
- Knowledge of sales and marketing techniques.
- Human resource and training skills.
- Thorough knowledge of the veterinary and/or dermatology
profession, experience in a veterinary clinic or other doctor's
office is a plus.
- Interview, hire, train, review, schedule, discipline, and
discharge front staff.
- Can transfer employees to work another position within the
- Can transfer employees from part-time to full-time staying with
controlled payroll budget.
- Handling money, balancing cash drawer, making bank
- Effective determination and scheduling of emergencies.
- Authority to delay disputed charges until further reviewed by
- Authority to resolve client service issues within established
- Dependable attendance is required.
- Any allergies to animals must be controllable through
- Must be willing to work long or irregular hours under pressure
- This position requires the ability to walk, bend, stand and
reach constantly during a minimum 8-hour day.
- Visual acuity sufficient to maintain accurate records
recognizes people and understands written directions.
- Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand, give
information in person and over the telephone.
- Fine motor skills adequate for utilizing office equipment such
as computers, telephones, copiers, fax machines, etc.
The following is a list of essential job requirements. This list
may be revised at any time and additional duties not listed here
may be assigned as needed. Job functions and Job Responsibility
1. Staff Management
2. Patient Management
3. Client Management
4. Office Management
5. Production Management
6. Records Management
7. Financial Management
8. Marketing Management
9. Facility Maintenance and Housekeeping
12. Pharmacy, Retail and Additional Service Sales
13. Client Service
- Hiring with appropriate references.
- Staff performance and salary reviews.
- Disciplinary actions, including oral and written. Employee
- Training, education, developing of staff.
- Assign job responsibility to each staff member, directing
traffic in clinic, i.e., patient care, treatments and staff duties
on a daily basis.
- Supervise staff to assure that each job is being effectively
- Employee policy enforcement.
- Employee relations, morale building and
- Payroll calculations, goal calculations, time clock
- Monitor employee competence and effectiveness.
- Oversee process of patient admitting, hospitalization and
- Responsible for administration, delegation and completion of
veterinarian's medical orders.
- Mentor (work with) technical staff in nursing care, anesthesia,
skin tests, surgery, laboratory and pharmacy ensuring that staff is
trained and following standards of quality medical care.
- Ensure that all patient medical and surgical records are
complete and accurate.
- Perform all duties of a technician with excellence, and fill in
Client and Front Office Management:
Oversees training of all staff in accordance to the principals of
the core values, mission statement and vision in their daily job
performance and that the above is known and practiced by all.
- Oversee client flow to ensure that clients and patients are
seen and treated in a professional, timely and competent
- Generate, present and explain fee estimates for
treatment/surgery to clients.
- Handles client complaints with concern and diplomacy.
- Accurately communicates medical/surgical information to
- Ensure that all referral letters and communication to referring
DVM are sent out in a timely manner. Assist with general comments
and questions from referring hospitals.
- Send client cards and letters, i.e., thank you notes, sympathy
cards, welcome cards, as directed by management team.
- Prepare, distribute and explain client education
- Assist Doctors and Operations Manager with administration and
review of client medical complaints.
- Demonstrate excellent relations with clients/pets in waiting
and/or exam rooms and ensure that front office staff adhere to the
o Ensure that clients and pets feel welcome and comfortable.
o Serve as Ambassadors - creating and maintaining goodwill for the
o Build rapport with clients.
o Immediately greet clients and pets by name.
o Quickly understand client needs and initiate the process of
meeting those needs.
o Help new clients completely fill out the registration form.
Inform new clients about services, etc. that your clinic
o If there is a delay, i.e., the doctor is behind schedule, keep
clients informed of expected waiting time.
o Know enough about general animal husbandry and pet care to be
able to educate clients and to answer non-medical questions that
the client may have or to inform them of things their pet may
o Basic dietary recommendations (types of diets that may be
recommended for a pet).
o Antigen demonstration and various allergy or dermatology related
o Indications for routine tests (i.e. biopsies, cytologies, skin
tests, blood work, etc.).
Answer Telephones and Make Appointments:
- Exhibit a come in now attitude towards clients and
- Answers telephone promptly.
- Encourage the client to make an appointment if the pet has any
problem that is concerning to either the client or you.
- Schedule appointments and other patient visits in appointment
book, including re-check appointments, surgeries, and drop
- Reschedule any missed appointments.
- Understand and use excellent telephone etiquette.
- Call clients to confirm appointments, remind of missed
appointments and laboratory results as well as callbacks for
- Refuse to diagnose pet health care problems over the
Maintain Charts and Computer Records:
- Keep charts and computer records updated with current client
and patient information, i.e. address or telephone number and/or
vaccine due dates, other reminders, age, etc.
- Prepare charts for new clients and/patients.
- Prepare charts for patients prior to appointment including all
necessary forms, authorizations, and instructions as
- Handwriting must be neat and legible.
- Open an order or start an invoice as each client enters the
clinic. Recommend any needed service, i.e. vaccinations, heartworm
- Calculate client's invoice and collect payment.
- File charts in appropriate areas as needed.
- Do routine computer reports and backups.
- Verify that all provided services and/or products have been
accurately entered in the computer on the client's order/invoice
and under the correct employee number.
- Balance the cash drawer with the computer summary report
- Prepare deposit slips and/or cash balancing worksheet for the
daily bank deposit as directed by the Operations Manager.
- Keep cash/checks, etc. secure at all times.
- Oversee compliance with call back system including overdue
- Check all transactions for accuracy and missed services through
regular daily audits.
- Collect deposits and payments for services at the time they are
o Clients should pay their bill before they leave the clinic.
o Follow appropriate protocol, i.e., credit applications,
promissory notes and approval by practice manager or veterinarian,
in cases where clients cannot pay their balance.
o Print receipt and give to client for each visit.
- Modify and update systems and procedures wherever needed to
better serve clients, patients, the practice and employees, i.e.,
modify schedules for the most productive use of time.
- Verify receipt of all inventory and supplies, mark invoices and
packing slips received and send to Financial Coordinator for
- Perform transaction corrections.
- Ensure that the OSHA and Safety program, procedures and reports
are being continuously monitored, and updated to keep the clinic is
in safety compliance.
- Meet with the Corporate Managers and Executive Officer
regularly to discuss, evaluate and plan for the welfare of the
- Ensure that marketing events are effective - internal and
- Motivate staff.
- Review all transactions for accuracy and missed services
through regular daily audits.
- Ensure that satellite clinic travel bags and records are
properly prepared. In addition, ensure that clinic protocols are
followed, with the same service expectations.
- Oversee satellite clinic technology needs, ensuring that proper
connectivity is maintained.
- Supervise cash handling and prescription refills, ensuring that
all transactions are completed at the clinic and
antigens/prescriptions are promptly mailed in the correct
- Oversee that records are kept up to date. This includes client
records with charges, medical history, medications administered,
laboratory reports, etc.
- Ensure that the all clinic logs are being kept up to date and
accurate including anesthesia /surgery and controlled substance
- Ensure that system of pulling charts, authorization forms for
skin tests, laboratory, surgery, euthanasia, etc., callbacks,
client cards and filing is in place and all staff are in
- Monitor the cost of purchasing so the practice operates within
- Monitor staff scheduling so the practice operates within
- Monitor and approve all expenditures within
- Review the income statements and other financial data to find
ways to improve revenues and clinic contribution.
- Review charges on a daily basis to ensure that all charges have
- Understand, participate and support planned marketing events
- Ensure that the clinic staff utilizes the marketing tools and
- Ensure that the clinic staff follows instructions for
implementing authorized marketing discounts in the computer
- Verify that the front desk, reception area, waiting areas, exam
rooms and treatment areas are neat and clean at all time. Ensure
that all areas that clients have access to are free from feces,
urine, hair and debris. The areas should be kept free from clutter
and fresh smelling.
- Periodically check the outside of the clinic for feces, urine,
smells, etc. and keep clean and neat. Also examine glass doors and
windows for smudges and clean when necessary.
- Ensure that plumbing, electrical, computers, air
conditioning/heating, etc are in working order.
- Keep the client refreshment area in the clinic stocked,
operational, neat and clean at all times.
- Keep your appearance always clean and neat.
- Wear your nametag and a clean, pressed uniform at all
- Endeavor to keep the waiting area reading and educational
materials current and orderly.
- Keep office plants watered as needed.
- Monitor janitorial responsibilities.
- Assist in the planning of clinic management meetings.
- Organize monthly staff meetings in conjunction with clinic
management team and ADC guidelines.
- Read and respond to all communication in a timely
- Ensure the ADC policies, guidelines and recommendations are
quickly communicated to clinic staff and adequate training
Pharmacy, Retail and Additional Service Sales:
- Fill prescriptions and dispense medications as directed by a
- Explain prescription directions to clients.
- Adequately train staff to sell, explain and answer questions
regarding pharmacy, retail and additional service sales.
- Motivate staff to continuously promote pharmacy, retail and
additional services as well as participate and promote any
additional marketing add-ons that accompany these sales.
- Understand the benefits of the retail products we offer and how
they are used. Must be able to promote them to our clients.
o Dietary products.
o Flea products and shampoos.
Keywords: Animal Dermatology Group Inc, Tustin , Front Office Supervisor, Other , Tustin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!