Associate Guidance, Navigation and Controls Systems Engineer
Company: Virgin Galactic
Posted on: August 1, 2022
Who We AreVirgin Galactic, www.VirginGalactic.com (SPCE:NYSE),
recognizes that the answers to many of the challenges we face in
sustaining life on our beautiful but fragile planet, lie in making
better use of space. Sending people to space has not only expanded
our understanding of science, but taught us amazing things about
human ingenuity, physiology and psychology. From space, we are able
to look with a new perspective both outward and back. From space,
the borders that are fought over on Earth are arbitrary lines. From
space, it is clear that there is much more that unites us than
divides us."We are at the vanguard of a new industry determined to
pioneer twenty-first century spacecraft, which will open space to
everybody - and change the world for good." Sir Richard Branson,
Founder, Virgin GalacticYour Mission Virgin Galactic is seeking a
talented and motivated Associate Guidance, Navigation, and Controls
Engineer. The focus of the role is developing and testing the
flight control system and associated components, such as flight
control computers, actuators, and sensors. The responsibilities
will span the entire lifecycle, from conceptual design to flight
test and commercial operations. The ideal candidate will have
academic and project experience designing and testing control
systems or avionics systems for rockets and/or
- Design and test fly-by-wire flight control systems for various
- Define flight control system architecture, modes, and behavior.
Participate in requirements capture and validation for flight
- Develop specifications for flight control actuators, actuator
control electronics, flight control computers, and sensors.
- Model current and future systems for simulation and
- Develop Simulink models from which flight software is
- Design fault tolerant system architectures using system safety
- Participate in system and component test and integration.
- Real-time monitoring of system performance during ground and
- Collaborate on control law design and implementation. What You
Bring Educational Requirements:
- Must have a B.S. or M.S. in Mechanical, Aerospace, or
Electrical Engineering discipline from an accredited university.
- Modeling, simulation, and analysis experience using Matlab
- Hands-on experience with electronics, electromechanical
systems, and/or software on aircraft or rocket systems.
- Basic knowledge of flight control systems, flight test or pilot
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. As part of
our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required
for current U.S. teammates, as well as all newly hired employees.As
of October 1, 2021, all new hires must be able to provide proof
that they are fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, ( "fully
vaccinated" means at least two weeks have expired since receiving
the vaccination's last dose as recommended by the manufacturer) .
If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your
date of hire.ITAR RequirementsTo conform to U.S. Government space
technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen,
lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as
defined by ITAR (22 CFR120.15) or eligible to obtain the required
authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.Virgin Galactic is
an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Virgin Galactic is
governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and
will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion,
gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability
status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical
disability or any other legally protected status.
Keywords: Virgin Galactic, Tustin , Associate Guidance, Navigation and Controls Systems Engineer, Other , Tustin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!