Food Regulatory Document Control Specialist
Company: Abstrax Tech, Inc.
Posted on: July 28, 2022
The Document Control Specialist will play a critical role in
collecting and maintaining the quality and regulatory documentation
required to support Abstrax operations and products from concept to
commercialization. This is a non-supervisory role that requires
strong collaboration with multiple departments. Candidates with
food and beverage experience are preferred as we manufacture
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
* Maintain a safe work environment.
* Demonstrate Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and provide
support for internal audits and customer visits.
* Strictly follow all SOPs and Procedures.
* Help the department to maintain a document management system
compliant with ISO and GFSI.
* Responsible for creation, review, approval, routing, training,
storage and archiving of new and revised controlled documents.
* Maintain records/logs/matrix (e.g., Training Docs/Matrix, SOPs,
WIs, Calibration Matrix, NCRs, CARs) to comply with business and
* Review records for accuracy and completion.
* Assist in approval of new raw materials and suppliers.
* Accurately maintain raw material and finished product information
* Contribute to identification of alternate supply lines.
* Maintain the Approved Supplier List including tracking vendor
* Utilize information databases to generate finished product
documentation and store in highly organized, easily accessible,
* Provide appropriate responses to Customer Questionnaires.
* Manage Case system to support Customer Service, Sales, R&D,
QA, QC and Regulatory departments with appropriate raw material
and/or finished product documentation.
* Identify emerging regulatory and quality related topics of
customer interest to VP of Regulatory and Quality.
* Complete non-routine jobs as assigned by VP of Regulatory &
Quality or other management.
* Work cooperatively with co-workers.
* Maintain regular and punctual attendance at work.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Extreme attention to detail.
* Excellent oral, written and presentation communication
* Proficiency using Microsoft Office Programs and information
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
* Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and
* Industry specific knowledge of ingredients, ingredient
functionality and product formulas.
* Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from
customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business
* Ability to effectively plan, organize and prioritize work.
* Ability to work with minimal supervision.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and manage multiple,
changing priorities simultaneously.
* Excellent cross-departmental collaborative skills.
* Ability to sit for long periods of time.
* Visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and
analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer
terminal; extensive reading.
* Can tolerate frequent exposure to fumes or airborne
* Can tolerate a moderate noise level as found in an office
* Available on call as required to support plant operations.
* Can accommodate occasional travel between facilities (as
* Self-directed with the ability to work independently.
* *For consideration for this role, applicants must complete the
requested Indeed skills assessments.*
* High school diploma or GED equivalent.
* Bachelor's degree in chemistry, biology, or related field of
* 1-2 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience
* US work authorization (Required)
* Successfully complete a background check
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $21.00 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Monday to Friday
Keywords: Abstrax Tech, Inc., Tustin , Food Regulatory Document Control Specialist, Other , Tustin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!