Senior Program Coordinator
Company: Goldrich & Kest Inc.
Posted on: June 22, 2022
GK is recognized by the Los Angeles Business Journal as one of
the Most Influential Family-Owned Businesses in Los Angeles
Goldrich Kest (GK) is a diversified real estate development and
management group of companies and partnerships. Its focus is to
expand its portfolio of proven and well-located properties
including multi-family, industrial, retail, commercial -and
congregate care through acquisition and development while providing
stable cash flow to its partners and outside investors. Job Summary
The Senior Program Coordinator will directly report to the
Recreation Director and be -responsible for creating, updating, and
facilitating recreational events for the residents of the
community. This position will actively engage with the residents in
a positive, uplifting, and fun way while providing a -friendly
environment with interactive activities, games, and events.
- Assist management staff with referrals to agencies that support
residents in maintaining independent living.
- Assist manager with resident issues/concerns as assigned by the
- Evaluate resident's wants and needs regarding activities.
- Schedule, coordinate, and implement activity programs.
- Compose, distribute, and/or post-program activities, calendars,
flyers, and monthly newsletters to residents, resident managers,
- Organize and facilitate field trips; review budgets with
- Organize and display thematic/holiday decorations in the
- Schedule (assist), coordinate, and implement guest speakers,
entertainment, classes, and special events.
- Purchase and maintain approved equipment and supplies for
residents (e. g. computers, pool table, board games, cards, bingo
- Purchase supplies and food for various events.
- Maintain records of petty cash and check requests.
- Maintain records and procedures regarding phone usage log,
ordering business supplies, and vehicle mileage for work-related
- Maintain records and procedures regarding prior approvals for
check requests and ordering of special supplies and/or
- Attend training(s) as needed and approved.
- Perform all other duties as may be assigned by the Recreation
Director. Minimum Qualifications Required
- 2 years of experience as a Senior Coordinator or Activity
Director in a senior setting
- Knowledge of health and general care of the elderly
- Neat appearance, positive attitude, and reliable
- BA in related field highly preferred - Computer Skills:
Preferred knowledge of Onesite, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel,
Microsoft Outlook, Ulti Pro, and the Internet. Requires
intermediate typing skills. Ability to use telephone voicemail,
fax, and copy machine. Other Requirements: A valid driver's license
from the state where the corporate office is located. The employee
is required to maintain insurance and driving record in accordance
with company policies and company's insurance carrier. Physical
Requirements Requires mobility and walking to several different
locations, including walking up/down stairs, some bending, stooping
and stretching. May require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds,
usually file boxes. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual
dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone,
calculator, and other office equipment. Requires normal range of
hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate
reports. Working Conditions Normal office environment. Incumbents
must be able to physically access all exterior and interior parts
of the community and amenities. Periodic exposure to outside
elements where temperature, weather, odors and/or landscape may be
unpleasant and/or hazardous. Work schedule may vary based on
Keywords: Goldrich & Kest Inc., Tustin , Senior Program Coordinator, Other , Tustin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!