At ERRG, we believe that each of our projects are significant
and the most critical ingredient for success is our people. Our
people provide the talent, experience, and passion that lies at the
heart of every one of our projects. That is why we can provide the
challenges and inspiration to help our people grow professionally
Some of the great benefits we offer are competitive pay, health
and wellness benefits, discounted 24 Hour Fitness membership,
on-the-job training, educational assistance, and advancement
ERRG's Tustin Office is seeking a site-hire who is
self-motivated, independent, dependable, and a strong communicator
to be an Equipment Operator.
Operate one or several types of heavy equipment, such as
excavators, dozers, backhoes, compactors, articulated dump trucks,
and/or front-end loaders as part of earth-moving operations at an
environmental remediation site. Heavy equipment may have either CAT
or John Deere controls. Perform minor maintenance and equipment
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must possess skill, coordination, and awareness to operate
heavy equipment (as listed above) in safe manner with precision and
- Willingness to operate heavy equipment for long periods with
continuous attention to detail and safety.
- Knowledgeable of limitations of heavy equipment including load
weights in order not to overload or offset equipment center of
- Learn and follow all applicable safety requirements.
- Locate underground utilities and obstructions, such as pipes
and wires, prior to commencement of work.
- Confirm necessary precautions have been taken to confirm that
no conflicts exist with both above and below ground utilities.
- Able to read and understand cut and fill stakes in order to
align and position equipment appropriately.
- Work closely with ground crew by use of hand-signals or radio
communications to align and position equipment appropriately.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Five (5) years of experience working as an equipment
- Trained and certified to operate the assigned equipment with a
minimum of 4 years of experience with specific equipment.
- Able to read grading plans and cut and fill stakes.
- Ability to travel to project sites.
- Minimum four (4) years of work experience at environmental
- Experience working on U.S. Department of Defense construction
- Current 40-Hour HAZWOPER and 8-Hour HAZWOPER Refresher.
- Demonstrated experience operating excavators, bulldozers,
backhoes, compactors, articulated dump trucks, and front-end
ERRG is committed to providing a safe work environment and to
fostering the health and well-being of its employees. As part of
the company's commitment to safeguard the wellbeing of its
employees and to provide a safe environment for everyone, ERRG
maintains a drug free workplace and complies with the Drug-Free
ERRG is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual
orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin,
age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected
under local, state or federal laws.