Real Estate Underwriter II - Riverside, Sacramento, or Tustin, CA
Company: Schools Financial
Posted on: June 12, 2021
This position can be located in Riverside, Sacramento or Tustin,
This position has primary responsibility for loan quality.
Ensures that approved loans meet State and Federal regulatory
requirements, investor requirements and internal Lending Policy and
Standard Operation Procedures (SOP's).
Essential Job Functions:
- Underwrites real estate loan requests in a manner that is
compliant with internal Lending Policies, SOP's, including matrices
and Investor guidelines. Provides upfront credit approval and final
approval on all loans within individual lending authority
- Apply team and department "Best Practices" as instructed by
- Continues to develop knowledge in secondary investor lending
requirements and SchoolsFirst FCU lending policies, guidelines, and
operating systems. Is accountable for reviewing internal policy
documents and SOP's on a frequent basis to ensure that skills and
understanding are current. Is familiar with the All Reg's system to
review investor guidelines as needed.
- When necessary assists in processing applications by performing
processing functions including Member contact updates, third party
communication, and other processing or loan closing tasks.
- Is the initial contact for escalated Member calls regarding
appraisals, counter-offers or loan stipulations requested.
- Mentors loan consultants, processors and closers and leads
these groups in developing skills and experience with loan
- Ensures that Loan Operating System (LOS) is updated in all
required areas on a daily basis.
- Reviews SOP exception requests, or provides loan counter-offers
and either approves within individual limits or makes a decision
recommendation to senior underwriter or management.
- Ensures that department turnaround times for period from
receipt of completed application to credit approval then funding
- All teammembers must comply with regulatory compliance and
assigned training requirements including but not limited to BSA
regulations corresponding to their specific job duties. Failure to
do so may result in disciplinary and other employment related
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. required.
5 to 7 years of related experience required.
Previous experience in processing and/or underwriting of first
trust deed loans to FNMA/FHLMC guidelines.
Register with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and
Registry as a mortgage loan originator in accordance with the
Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act (the "SAFE
Act") when applicable.
Keywords: Schools Financial, Tustin , Real Estate Underwriter II - Riverside, Sacramento, or Tustin, CA, Other , Tustin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!