Senior Building Envelope Professional
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Are you looking for a more professionally rewarding career
opportunity? Add some excitement and challenge to your career as
Terracon's Orange County office is looking for a senior-level
engineer/architect/construction professional in to lead and grow
our facilities engineering/consulting practice in this market. The
successful candidate will have a background in any of our primary
practice areas of expertise, such as Building Enclosure, Structural
Diagnostics, MEP//HVAC/Energy or Architectural Engineering. You
will work with our local office leaders and Facilities technical
professionals from around the US to deliver necessary services in
this market. You will be the initial contact for all Facilities
Consulting opportunities in the market and responsible for client
interaction to win project work. For us, quality and doing what's
right for our people and our clients is key.
If you are up for a more exciting career opportunity, then apply
now, and get ready to challenged!
General Duties & Responsibilities
- Engage with local Terracon office leaders and be the Facilities
- Work with existing clients to obtain additional work and
develop new clients.
- Pick up service leads (internal and external) and communicate
with clients to develop service opportunities into projects.
- Manage or consult on facility consulting projects providing
leadership and expertise to internal and external project
- Participate on and lead teams in the performance of building
diagnostics projects that include, but are not limited to roofing,
faade, waterproofing, foundations, MEP /HVAC system performance,
litigation support, field testing, and distress studies.
- Develop and/or review design construction documents related to
rehabilitation or remedial building system projects based on our
recommendations for system improvement.
- Peer review construction documents, protocols, Scopes of Work,
and other similar documents associated with various building system
design and repair/restoration.
- Perform and/or direct field investigations for the diagnosis of
building system issues related to condition, performance and
- Prepare and write reports that are professional in language
with a logical presentation of technical ideas and
- Drive business with new and existing clients and actively
participate in the implementation of marketing strategies.
- Prepare proposals, develop scope of services, establish fees,
manage projects from personnel, financial and schedule
- Supervise and mentor younger, junior and/or less experienced
Facilities division professionals to cross train on building
- Participate in one or more technical/professional associations
and assume leadership positions.
- Play a leadership role in Terracon's market for all Facilities
engineering, consulting and testing services group.
- 8+ years' of experience in buildings - condition assessments,
investigations, system diagnostics and remedial correction.
- Professional Engineer (PE), or NCARB Registered Architect (RA),
or other designations such as CEM, Cx, RRC, RWC, REWC, RBEC a
- B.S. in Engineering, B.S. in Architectural Engineering, or
Bachelor of Architecture are required and any specialization in
Building Science is a plus.
- Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record.
Other preferred skills:
- Local market familiarity and awareness
- Past or current client connectivity and relationships
- History of local market engagement via trade, client or
- Ability to market and develop consulting service
- Possess and model a safety-first mindset.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering
firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon
has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in
environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services.
Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150
offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon's growth
is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service
and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in
Terracon's vision of "Together, we are best at people" is
demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits
package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many
programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k)
plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and
various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority,
female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered
for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant
for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion,
national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
gender, disability, age, or military status.
Keywords: Terracon, Tustin , Senior Building Envelope Professional, Other , Tustin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!