Company: Schools Financial
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Collects on loans of all stages of delinquency made by the
Credit Union where timely payments are not being received.
Communicates with Members using advanced skills to identify the
true cause of non-payment and provides a personalized options to
Essential Job Functions
- Works on all delinquency stages through inbound/out-bound
calling, letters, and other approved methods, collects past due
payments and/or negotiates payment arrangements or repayment plans
to resolve delinquent loans or negative shares by identifying
reason for delinquency and offering appropriate options to
- Documents all conversations and collections activity in
collection systems. May be responsible for funding of workout loans
or working collections reports, such as the available money letter
- Maintains adherence to all federal and state regulations and
credit union policies.
- Performs file maintenance of delinquent accounts to reflect
agreed upon collection activities. Processes adjustments to Member
loans as needed, including but not limited to, due date changes,
opening/closing lines of credit, closing negative accounts, and
payment plan maintenance.
- Recommends Members with delinquent accounts for work out loans,
deferments, reages, reduced payments, repossession and charge-off.
Refers complex situations to the appropriate resources to ensure
- May provide suggestions for streamlining departmental and
credit union operations. When assigned helps to complete projects
and reports related to the department.
- May perform more advanced research and analysis on accounts,
may skip trace and perform asset searches.
- All teammembers must comply with regulatory compliance and
assigned training requirements including but not limited to BSA
regulations corresponding to their specific job duties. Failure to
do so may result in disciplinary and other employment related
- Performs other related duties or projects as assigned or
Education/Years of Experience/Certifications
High School Diploma required
3 -- 5 years of previous related experience required
Previous financial institution or credit union experience
Knowledge of bankruptcy laws, FDCPA, TCPA and SCRA
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Uses active listening skills to determine the Member's hardship
and provides appropriate solution.
- Ability to multi-task
- Intermediate computer and typing skills
- Experience with inbound/outbound phone system preferred
- Conflict resolution and negotiation skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by a teammember to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the
teammember is regularly required to do the following:
- Intermittent lifting up to 10 pounds
- Must be able to access, enter, and retrieve data using a
- Frequent keyboarding and mouse usage
- Intermittent standing, sitting, walking and neck flexing
- Intermittent pushing, pulling and reaching above, at and below
- Eye/hand coordination: Performing work using both
- Working with hands: seizing, holding, and grasping
- Able to lift by raising or lowering an object from one level to
- Positions within Facilities and ATM Services may be exposed to
dust, gas, odors or fumes and power grasping. May be required to
work from a ladder.
Keywords: Schools Financial, Tustin , Collector/Loan Adjuster, Other , Tustin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!