Avid Bioservices Inc., located in Tustin CA, is a dedicated
contract development and manufacturing organization ("CDMO")
focused on development and CGMP manufacturing of biopharmaceuticals
products derived from mammalian cell culture. Avid provides a
comprehensive range of process development, high quality CGMP
clinical and commercial manufacturing services for the
biotechnology and biopharmaceutical industries. With over 28 years
of experience producing monoclonal antibodies, enzymes, and
recombinant proteins in batch, fed-batch, and perfusion modes,
Avid's services include CGMP clinical and commercial product
manufacturing, purification, release and stability testing as well
as regulatory strategy, submission and support. Avid also provides
a variety of process development activities, including cell culture
and feed optimization, analytical methods development, and product
We are dedicated to the improvement of global patient outcomes
by delivering world-class services. Our expertise enables us to
partner with our customers to advance their products from clinical
development to commercial launch. Do you possess the skills and
expertise below to improve patient lives and support patient
innovative therapies? If so, apply today!
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be
required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United
States and to complete the required employment eligibility
verification form upon hire.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We are continuing to interview and hire
during this time. Avid Bioservices' is committed to caring for the
safety and well-being of applicants and employees; all interviews
will be completed over the phone or virtually.
The Analytical team is seeking an experienced Sr. Research
Associate ("RA") who is interested in pursuing a career in
developing protein biologics. The primary focus of the Sr. RA will
be to develop Cell-based, ELISA, HPLC, and/or LC-MS methods. The
incumbent will work under the guidance of analytical scientists and
with process development scientists to identify and characterize
protein biologics. This position will interface with the Quality
Control testing group as methods are transferred into that group
for cGMP testing and may interface with external clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following;
other duties may be assigned:
- Perform and review routine wet chemistry/raw material assays
and ELISA/cell-based immunoassays, electrophoresis (SDS-PAGE/IEF)
- Perform aseptic sampling, visual inspection, gowning and
working in clean room areas.
- May train/supervise the experimental work of more junior
analysts and may be a member of interdepartmental/tech transfer
- Develop, review, revise and write test methods, standard
operating procedures and may perform trending analysis.
- May be designated as study lead for validation projects,
investigations and method development projects.
- Previous experience in either HPLC/CE or Potency/ELISA assay
methodologies is required.
- Knowledgeable of company cGMPs as well as industry regulations
that apply to job functions. Participates in regulatory
- Support continuous improvement initiatives.
Required Education and Experience:
- At least a Bachelor's of Science degree in the Biological or
Physical Sciences, preferably Biochemistry, Chemistry,
- 4-6 years industry experience working in a QC or Analytical lab
(with a BS degree) or
- 2-4 years industry experience working in a QC or Analytical lab
(with a MS degree)
- Analytical testing and equipment utilizing analytical
- Writing reports/procedures/specifications
- GMPs and regulatory audits
- Potency/ELISA and/or HPLC experience is essential.
- Should also have experience with most if not all of the
following: protein characterization, electrophoresis,
chromatography, aseptic techniques, cell culture, LAL and assay
Work Schedule and Hours:
Any scientific staff member can expect to work overtime,
including during the weekends. Off-site meetings with clients and
regulatory agencies are a usual occurrence.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Avid Bioservices does not discriminate against any employee or
applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, age, marital status, genetic information,
disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.