Product Development Engineer
Company: STAAR Surgical Company
Posted on: June 6, 2021
MAIN JOB RESPONSIBILITIES / COMPETENCIES
Performs activities associated with the development of new
ophthalmic lenses and delivery systems and supports existing
products and processes in accordance with Design Control
Develops product specifications, manufacturing methods and
procedures under supervision.
Conducts test protocols, verification and validation activities,
and equipment qualifications under supervision.
Prepares test protocols and reports, verification and validation
reports, and equipment qualification protocols under supervision.
Responsible for producing product development documentation in
accordance with Good Documentation Practice.
Assists in product conceptualization and design and feasibility
testing. Documents work in laboratory notebooks and Technical
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- B.S. in Engineering or Science discipline. Master's degree
preferred but equivalent combination of education/experience
- Minimum 2 years industry experience or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year in medical device industry.
- Knowledge of Design Control procedures and Quality
- Experience developing and transferring new products.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of and ability to follow Design Control
- Knowledge of validation and verification techniques.
- Self-starter and works well with others.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of Solid Works, CAD or AUTOCAD
- Independent thinking in order to solve engineering
STAAR Surgical is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability
status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: STAAR Surgical Company, Tustin , Product Development Engineer, Other , Tustin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!