Director Sales I - Spirits
Company: Youngs Market Co
Posted on: June 3, 2021
If you are a current employee, please STOP and apply through the
Careers Application in Workday
Job Description Summary:
This sales leadership position requires a passion for spirits, a
drive to win and a highly collaborative nature. The Director Sales
I will lead all sales activities for assigned regional retail chain
customers. He or She is responsible for both short- and long-term
strategic planning, goal setting and goal attainment for their
This position prepares sales forecasts and collaborates with
Sales Finance to establish pricing and discounts, analyzes market
surveys and sales statistics, estimates volume and profit
potential, supervises Account Executives on introducing new
products, assigns quotas, develops and establishes promotional
The Director Sales I will work closely with Merchandising,
Portfolio Managers and Sales Finance to ensure fluid communication
between all stakeholders. This role will develop, implement, track,
and lead all targeted processes for assigned retail accounts. This
includes key metrics and programs, by account to ensure our
strategic goals are attained.
- Effective leadership and management of retail accounts
- Manage reporting needs for Regional and assigned sales.
- Establish Key Market and Key Account Targets with Regional
- Work with assigned customers and Account Executives to set case
goals and evaluate performance against these goals monthly.
- Oversee and manage expenses of assigned team
- Develop case and product allocations for all regions
- Review new item placement and distribution and compare
performance to goals with Account Managers
- Development and maintenance of relationships with all key
- Inventory management/depletion management
- Development and tracking of Chain activity by market
- Development of national/regional incentive programs
- Work with marketing to develop Point-of-Sale and product
- Review depletion reports regularly and make proactive plans
- Skillfully direct the execution of the business plan to achieve
financial objectives for assigned market and customers.
- Establish priorities and maintain brand standards.
- Convey knowledge of key customer's business operations.
- Coordinate multiple and diverse options for selling the
company's products to each key customer.
- Utilize assigned resources and leverage back-channel resources
(individuals or teams) to achieve or exceed planned outcomes.
- Impart knowledge of the major responsibilities,
accountabilities, and organization of the sales function to sales
and management teams.
- Establish and maintain productive supplier and customer
- Monitor pricing and programming within respective area of
- Communicate all sales issues and opportunities for their
respective area of responsibility.
- A Bachelor's degree in related field from an accredited
four-year college or university is required.
- MBA or master's degree in another relevant field is highly
- At least 5 years of chain sales required as an Account Manager
and/or Account Executive
- At least 7 years of management experience in a CPG industry,
with at least 2 of those years in a customer leadership role, such
as Director of Sales National/Regional accounts.
- Experience working in the beverage alcohol industry is
- CSS preferred
- Experience in identifying sales enablement issues, creating
robust recommendations, and implementing strategies to optimize
- Communicates with confidence and authority to associates at all
levels in the organization
- Demonstrated business and technical competency
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills are a
- Highly effective interpersonal skills
- High level communication, negotiation, analytical and
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office environment.
- Proven analytical skills when working with large amounts of
data with the ability to summarize and articulate
risks/opportunities, options and recommendations
- Desire to lead and support management, direct reports, peers
and customers throughout the business and industry at every
- Confirmed ability to lead and develop high-performance
- Additional leadership responsibilities may be assigned
- Must possess a valid state driver's license.
- Must have a clean Motor Vehicle Record
- This job requires some travel, up to 10%
Enjoy a career with us!
Keywords: Youngs Market Co, Tustin , Director Sales I - Spirits, Other , Tustin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!