Company: Avid Bioservices
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Avid Bioservices Inc., located in Tustin CA, is a dedicated
contract development and manufacturing organization ("CDMO")
focused on development and CGMP manufacturing of biopharmaceuticals
products derived from mammalian cell culture. Avid provides a
comprehensive range of process development, high quality CGMP
clinical and commercial manufacturing services for the
biotechnology and biopharmaceutical industries. With over 28 years
of experience producing monoclonal antibodies, enzymes, and
recombinant proteins in batch, fed-batch, and perfusion modes,
Avid's services include CGMP clinical and commercial product
manufacturing, purification, release and stability testing as well
as regulatory strategy, submission and support. Avid also provides
a variety of process development activities, including cell culture
and feed optimization, analytical methods development, and product
We are dedicated to the improvement of global patient outcomes
by delivering world-class services. Our expertise enables us to
partner with our customers to advance their products from clinical
development to commercial launch. Do you possess the skills and
expertise below to improve patient lives and support patient
innovative therapies? If so, apply today!
The Sr. Automation Controls Engineer maintains control systems
for manufacturing processes and utilities in a maximum state of
reliability. Identifies problems and potential issues with control
systems and automated processes. Participate in plans, installs,
start-up, commissioning, document upgrades/installs of PLC, DDC,
DCS, SCADA based control systems for Biopharmaceutical process
equipment and Plant Utilities. Serve as a lead in all technical
requirements for the facility equipment especially the bioreactors
(stainless steel and disposable STR/SUB) in order to ensure that
the technical operations are aligned with maximizing production
effectiveness and optimizing performance to lower overall operating
costs. Partner with operations, quality assurance and any vendors
and suppliers in order to create positive relationships to
strengthen this proactive role in the facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following;
other duties may be assigned:
- Maintain existing control systems in reliable condition,
propose improvements, and train/support manufacturing and
- Perform predictive, preventative and corrective maintenance
efforts required to ensure efficient, reliable and uninterrupted
- Automation program management (BAS, EMS, PLC, PAC, DDC, DCS &
HMI). Maintain & Develop Automation Systems (Delta Controls, Delta
V, REES, Wonderware, Sartorius, Allen Bradley, Maple Systems, &
- Troubleshoot different controller software and hardware
- Oversee PID controls tuner and cascading controls (HVAC &
- Industrial networking (DeviceNet, Modbus, Industrial Ethernet,
- Conduct timely/competent root cause analyses.
Recommend/implement innovative, efficient and effective corrective
actions resulting in stable and capable processes.
- Track and evaluate critical process data to recommend
continuous process improvement.
- Develop and maintain electrical P&ID drawings.
- Generate thorough written reports, when required, that
summarize investigations performed for out-of-specification results
or out-of-procedure events.
- Participate in regulatory and internal inspections/audits
including providing written responses as applicable for area of
- Support validation and manufacturing projects.
- Strict adherence to procedures and practices according to FDA
- Strong emphasis on documentation according to FDA
- Adhere to departmental corporate safety policies.
- Maintain current knowledge of regulatory and industry
Keywords: Avid Bioservices, Tustin , Controls Engineer, Other , tustin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!