DBT Clinician Outpatient
Company: Compass Behavioral Health, California
Posted on: April 10, 2021
We are a growing Behavioral Health Clinic based in Tustin, CA
that offers its employees a competitive salary and benefits as well
as continuously building a culture of support, trust, and
engagement among our team of talented and dedicated employees.
The Company: Compass Behavioral Health was the first DBT-Linehan
Board of Certification, Certified Program---, in California.
Achieving this certification was a rigorous process that ensured
our families were receiving the "gold standard" in DBT treatment.
Compass values the many talents and abilities of its employees, we
are a deeply connected team doing life together.
- Our mission is to increase affordable access to DBT services
for youth ages 7-24 while building a community among our team and
families to support stronger treatment outcomes. We value a
multi-disciplinary, culturally competent team committed to
leading-edge clinical training and on-going research.
- We are committed to clinical excellence, quality assurance, and
accountability to our families for measurable treatment outcomes
and dissemination of evidence-based treatments to the larger
Southern California community.
- Compass's core organizing principle is that we are stronger
together, which is best embodied by social and economic equality.
The Compass difference is that Compass equity shares can only be
owned by Compass Employees, allowing us to focus on program quality
and being able to provide livable wages and responsible
Committed to Excellence:
- Most Compass' Clinicians are DBT-Linehan Board of
Certification, Certified Clinicians--- and calibrated DBT Adherence
Coders through the University of Washington. In Compass's
commitment to excellence and quality assurance, a percentage of all
Compass sessions are randomly selected and coded for adherence to
the research protocol.
- As a designated Performance Site through Duke University, we
track our treatment outcomes in the pursuit of advancing the
development of evidence-based treatments. Every 6 months, we
measure our treatment outcomes through a standardized battery of
tests. A summary of these test results is available to our families
quarterly. Also, Compass is conducting a longitudinal study of its
program treatment gains post-discharge as the ultimate source of
accountability to our families.
- Our Training Institute provides required didactics in
Dialectical Behavioral Therapy for UCI Medical School psychiatrists
in training. These lectures will help psychiatrists incorporate DBT
skills into their practice so that all forms of treatment can work
together. Compass is also a selected Practicum Training Site for
Columbia School of Social Work, training the next generation of
mental health care professionals.
The Position: Compass Behavioral Health is recruiting for a
full-time licensed DBT Clinician for our Tustin Outpatient Program
- The salary range is highly competitive and based on
- We offer health insurance (family medical, dental, and vision
coverage) and cover 90% of the employee insurance premium and 50%
of dependent premiums (Platinum and Gold PPO & HMO options).
- We also offer a retirement savings plan(401k) and contribute up
to 15% of matching funds.
- We offer 3 weeks of PTO, gym reimbursement up to $200 monthly,
and an annual paid Mindfulness Retreat.
- Senior DBT-LBC Certified Clinicians --- at Compass have equity
share options, creative Company assistance with student loan
repayment, and or Orange County housing assistance.
- Our clinic highly values team playfulness, cohesiveness, and
- An active clinical license with the state of CA (Board of
Psychology or Board of Behavioral Sciences)
- Willingness to pursue DBT-LBC Certification--- through our
in-house Compass Training Institute
- Must have a passion for working with adolescents in a team
- DBT Program Clinicians use Dialectical Behavioral Therapy,
along with other EBTs to treat individuals suffering from moderate
to severe emotional & behavioral dysregulation.
- This clinical position maintains 24 clinical service hours per
week. This may include individual therapy, DBT Skills Group, skills
coaching, family therapy, assessment, supervision of other
clinicians, study-related video coding for DBT Adherence.
- This position is a study-therapist on a Duke-IRB approved study
examining the treatment of pervasive emotional dysregulation and
identity dysregulation in teens & young adults
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:License with a California
professional board (Board of Behavioral Science or Board of
The Location: The Farmhouse is in the heart of Orange County
located in North Tustin, CA. This is a great place to work because
Tustin is centrally located in Orange County, 30 minutes from
beautiful beaches, and 60 minutes from mountains and skiing. The
facility is peacefully located in the hillside area with ample
dining options for a lunch out, and a great place to live if
looking to relocate.
Professional Development Benefits at Compass:
- Experience & training working at a DBT-LBC, Certified
- Compass requires DBT-LBC certification for all clinicians and
has built-in support to walk you through all steps, including
reimbursement of all certification fees.
- DBT-LBC Certified--- Team Lead - available to review your DBT
Case Conceptualizations and Videos for DBT Adherence and
- Expert Consultation monthly with a BTECH Expert DBT
- Comprehensive DBT Program, including clinical support from
Family Connections program (free evidenced-based 12-week class for
parents), and individual DBT Skills Coaching (free skills coaching
and behavioral rehearsing by our clinical interns in training),
Multi-Family Groups, Advanced DBT Groups, along with Standard DBT
Skills Training Groups
- Study Clinician at Performance Site for Duke University
research on the treatment of pervasive emotional dysregulation and
identity dysregulation in teens & young adults under Primary
Investigator Dr. Noga Zerubavel and Dr. Clive Robins, Professor
Emeritus & BTECH Trainer. Program Clinicians will have an
opportunity to be listed as co-investigators and participate in
meaningful research & program efficacy evaluation.
- Compass is a DBT Comprehensive Training Rotation for UCI's
Child & Adolescent Psychiatry second-year fellows. DBT-LBC
Certified--- Clinicians at Compass will have the opportunity to
teach DBT in Didactics to the student doctors and oversee their
clinical training in DBT.
- As continuing education providers for LCSW, LMFT, LPCC &
Psychologists, all Compass Clinicians will earn up to 100 CEUs
annually while getting paid! Ongoing training in evidenced-based
treatments is a clinic core value. Previous Compass trainings
provided to Compass Clinicians:
- Emotion-Focused Family Therapy by treatment developer Dr. Sue
Johnson through Psychwire Training Institute
- DBT-Family Therapy Supervision & Consultation Workshop with
- DBT-PE Intensive with Melania, Harned, Ph.D.
- DBT-C Intensive with Francheska Perepletchikova, Ph.D.
- DBT-A: When to Adapt versus Adopt with Alec Miller, Psy.D.
- DBT Strategies for Treating Multi-Problem Adolescents, Young
Adults, and their Families with Alec Miller, Psy.D.
- Optimizing Teams Full Day Team Building with Ronda Reitz,
- OCD Treatment Exposure Response Prevention with Jonathan
- DBT Case Conceptualization Training with Shari Manning,
- MAPS- A (Mastery of Anxiety & Panic - Adolescents) with
- Family Connections Facilitator Training with Alan Fruzzetti,
- Opportunity for growth and development within the company
(Compass will be launching a residential program in 2021 to provide
a continuum of care from Outpatient, Intensive Outpatient, through
- Opportunity for Stage 2 work and company paid DBT PE Intensive
Training with Dr. Melanie Harned (Dr. Harned provides individual
and team consultation to complex PTSD cases here at Compass).
"Working at Compass has significantly increased my quality of life
as I've been able to engage in value-based action. A core value of
mine since my intensive training in 2014 was to one day be an
LBC-DBT Certified Clinician and as promised, I was able to be
certified in 12 months. I have never worked for an employer that
cares so much about my values, quality of life, and who has
invested in me as a Clinician and in my future (i.e. working with
students, being able to train the community in providing DBT,
providing accessible and affordable adherent DBT to the community).
My strengths are valued and appreciated, and I've never once
questioned that." Marissa Colangelo, LCSW DBT-Linehan Board of
Certification, Certified Clinician---It is the policy of Compass
Behavioral Health to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to
all qualified applicants for employment and existing employees
without regard to their race, religion, color, national origin,
sex, age, ancestry, protected veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, gender orientation or any other basis that would be in
violation of any applicable law or regulation. Compass Behavioral
Health does conduct pre-employment drug screening, and any offer of
employment is contingent upon satisfactory results of the
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $100,000.00 (tied to completing DBT-LBC
Certifican---) per year
Keywords: Compass Behavioral Health, California, Tustin , DBT Clinician Outpatient, Other , Tustin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!