Lead Guidance Navigation & Control Engineer
Posted on: January 1, 2020
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect,
explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you'll learn
and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your
future with us. Boeing Defense, Space -and Security is seeking a
Lead -Guidance, Navigation and Control (GN&C) Engineer (Level
4) to -provide support to -X-37B and other programs. - Activities
include GN&C design, analysis, verification and testing for
atmospheric flight and space environments. - This position is
located in Seal Beach, CA.
- GN&C navigation design & analysis, navigation hardware,
- Linear and Non-Linear control analysis
- Flight Stability & Control
- GN&C pointing
- GN&C software development
- GN&C Integration & Testing
- Guidance and Control architecture development and
- This will also involve participation in cross-segment
- Self-motivated problem-solver, capable of taking initiative
with minimal instruction. Completely understands and applies job
practices, techniques, standards, principles, theories, and
- Possesses general knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Independently determines and develops approaches to
- Applies knowledge of engineering principles and techniques in
order to develop guidance, navigation and control systems for
aircraft and spacecraft.
- Gathers, defines and documents system level requirements to
support flight control and mission or trajectory requirements.
- Performs and documents design and analysis of Guidance,
Navigation and Control (GNC) models and tools.
- Supports development of solutions and disposition of issues to
assure customer satisfaction. Participates in new business
- Works under general supervision.
- Able to problem solve in a clear and concise manner and have
strong communication skills.
- Consistently and proactively works well with team members to
solve complex problems and can also lead in a team environment.This
position requires an active SSBI (Single Scope Background
Investigation) -U.S. Security Clearance, for which the U.S.
Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- Experience with MATLAB.
- Experience in -spacecraft dynamics and -orbit
analysis.Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills and Experience):
- Experience working with classical and modern control
- Experience operating in aerospace environments.
- Experience in aerodynamics.
- Experience working with navigation controls (Kalman filters,
GPS/INS, state determination, attitude estimation).Typical
Education and Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification:
Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more
years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience.
Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited
course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics,
physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required,
accreditation standard.Boeing -is a Drug Free Workplace where post
offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for
marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when
criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Keywords: Boeing, Tustin , Lead Guidance Navigation & Control Engineer, Other , Tustin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!