Posted on: February 23, 2021
Candidate will support project activities to manage project
scope, timeline, cost and quality. As a Scrum Master you will
provide effective collaboration, facilitation, leadership and
coaching skills to the agile development process and on-time
delivery of applications. This role is responsible for developing
all scrum ceremonies, identifying critical path decisions, making
recommendations, mentoring members as well as assisting with the
backlog and release planning. Additionally, this role participates
in estimating work efforts, assists in resolving business and team
conflicts and planning sprints for software development projects.
We are looking for candidates who are decisive, confident, and
tenacious in their decision making with exceptional leadership
qualities. Timely and effective communications to the team and
organization are regularly disseminated as part of this job
function.If we are interested in moving forward with your
candidacy, you may receive an email invitation from Spark Hire, or
from a Snap-on representative, for a one-way video interview.
- Facilitate daily scrum ceremonies, sprint planning, spring
demos, feature kick-off and retrospective meetings.
- Generate the numbers of deliverables possible in an
- Assist team or individual to clarify goals and actions to
- Ability to shield team from outside distractions and
- Facilitate discussion, decision making and conflict
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be
raised without fear of blame, retribution, judgement, with an
emphasis on healing and problem-solving.
- Assist the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum
practices and values to delight customers; ability to ensure the
correct use of scrum process.
- Guide the team on self-organization to fully realize the
potential of Agile/Scrum frameworks; guide to obtain the most out
- Analyze the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and
coach the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is
sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.
- Facilitate getting the work done without coercion, assigning or
dictating the work.
- Assist with internal and external communication, improve
transparency and radiate information.
- Support and educate the Product Owner to make sure the product
backlog is maintained and ready for the next sprint.
- Facilitate discussion, decision making and conflict
- Provide all support to the team using a servant leadership
style whenever possible as well as leading by example.
- Assist in developing strategy, design and data gathering
- Analyze and document existing requirements of applications to
ensure customer expectations are met.
- Work closely with Development, Product Management, Technical
Support, QA, and Engineering to insure a high performing and
ultra-usable user experience.
- Establish and maintain a strong business partnership with
internal users and external customers to fully understand and meet
their technological needs.
- Assist the sales team as a technical resource to support new
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or
relevant work experience.
- Experience shipping user-facing products, preferable for
desktop and SaaS platforms.
- First level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I)
- Understand fundamentals of iterative and incremental
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD,
etc. Preferred Skills
- Able to resolve conflict by focusing on scrum values of
openness, honesty and respect.
- Expert in estimation and planning. Knows how to create useful,
reliable and practical plans for software development
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation,
situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement,
empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Knowledge and experience in applying a wide variety of
well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the
intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (Example: Numerous
Burndown technologies, various Retrospective formats, handling
- Awareness and experience with successful Agile techniques: User
Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing,
Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Ability to cut through ambiguity and desire to organize
- Demonstrated ability to develop big ideas and execute against
them in a high paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems, determine appropriate
actions and complete projects with little direction.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the
ability to present and translate complex information to both
internal and executive teams in relevant business terms.
- Strong technical and analytical skills.
- Hands on experience collaborating with Project or Business
Teams to review business requirements and use cases, providing
feedback to improve product completeness, quality and
- Proven ability to function in a self-directed environment.
- Must excel in a fast-paced, agile environment where critical
thinking and strong problem-solving skills are required for
- Keen business judgment, focus, and ability to see the "big
picture" and prioritize.
- Innovative thinker who is positive, proactive, and readily
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Ability to facilitate efficient and effective meetings.
- Impeccable attention to detail and follows through.
- Excellent organizational, time management skills and mentoring
skills.Snap-on offers a drug free work environment and welcomes all
qualified candidates to apply. Snap-on is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Snap-on, Tustin , Scrum Master, IT / Software / Systems , Tustin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!