Talent Development Specialist
Posted on: January 16, 2023
AFL provides industry-leading fiber optic products, conductor
accessories and fittings, and related services across the globe.
Our company was founded in 1984 with a single fiber optic cable and
has grown to include every facet of the passive optical network,
employing over 5,000 associates worldwide and consistently
generating annual sales in excess of a billion dollars.
In April of 2019, AFL made a major investment in ITC Service Group,
a Sacramento-based company providing broadband installation, design
and staffing services to the telecommunications and IT
ITC Service Group was founded in 1999 and provides managed services
and workforce solutions for the nationwide planning design,
construction, installation and maintenance of voice, data and video
AFL and ITC were built and are operated on similar core values and
philosophies. This will prove extremely beneficial to our customers
and our employees.
With our commitment to professional growth and employee
development, let AFL "Connect" you to your next career
If you have a background in telecommunication installation, prism,
video, cable or satellite, we'd love to connect with you!
Our technicians take pride in their work, enjoy new technology, and
love customer service. This long term opportunity offers paid
training and competitive pay. Benefits package includes: medical
and dental insurance, paid holidays, vacation pay and 401 K
Before applying, be sure you meet these criteria and carefully
follow all prompts:
- No formal warnings in the last 6 months
- Consistently above expectations on Performance Evaluations
- Strong familiarity with Installation and Truck Role processes
specific to Google Fiber Project
- Ability to travel up to 2 weeks at a time as needed to remote
ITC Service Group ("ITC"), is seeking an experiencedTalent
Development Specialistin Irvine, CA.TheTalent Development
Specialistis a classroom and field trainer who provides training to
incoming Broadband technicians and team members. They are the
subject matter experts ("SME") of the field installation processes.
This requires them to stay up to date on company and client changes
to ensure training is current and procedures are streamlined. They
are well versed in client provided training modules, facilitator
guides, and exercises. Trainer maintains a well-organized and
effective training environment and continuously improves training
material and employee retention.
- Responsible for having complete Knowledge of Client Provided
Training Modules, Facilitator Guides, and Exercises
- Responsible for maintaining standards set by Area manager and
meeting prescribed timelines.
- Responsible for protecting client's information including
modules, processes and legal guidelines ensuring
- Acts as Subject Matter Expert ("SME") of field Installations
processes relative to Google Fiber installs.
- Responsible for professionally communicating a mixture of ITC's
culture and clients modules, lesson plans, manuals, information and
instructional material to training class by effectively engaging
the training class to ensure material retention.
- Responsible for motivating employees by example and shared
enthusiasm for ITC's/Google project achieving maximum productivity,
developing an efficient workforce, enhancing quality of work as
well as building loyalty to the enterprise.
- Responsible for Stayingup to date and current on Fiber to the
home systems,video and data, or Google Fiber products and knowledge
base to ensure training of latest training procedures and
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining a well-organized and
effective training environment including: classroom seating
structure, educational videos, visual aids, PowerPoint
presentations, computer hardware, computer software and a clean and
welcoming classroom atmosphere.
- Responsible for being part of the training team that
proactively looks for ways to improve the training of Broadband
technicians and other team members.
- Responsible for providing weekly training reports to management
and clients in a timely manner.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A degree in Communications preferred or combination of work
experience and education
- A minimum of 2 years' field experience in craft services and
- Relevant technical and/or training certifications (Comp TIA,
CCNA, etc.) preferred
- Structured classroom training experience preferred
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to make sound judgments based on information
- Motivated, high energy aptitude
- Planning and organizing
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both verbal
- Strong facilitation / presentation skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees and
- Able to travel as required
- Strong time management
- Proficient in MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel
- Adaptability and initiative
- Able to work with multi- functional teams
- Conflict management
- Stress tolerance
- Professional demeanor
Work involves standing and sitting for long periods of time,
reaching. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision,
depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.Working under
strict timelines and stress.
Employee is expected to be on the job and on time every scheduled
workday. Trainer's work hours can change from day to day.It is
his/her responsibility to know when the work day starts and ends on
each scheduled work day.If it is necessary that you will be absent
or late for any reason, employee needs to call direct manager by
8:00 am on the first and each subsequent day the employee will be
absent or late. If employee is absent for more than 3 days a
doctor's note (explanation) is required.
Due to the nature of ITC's business, its clients and other needs,
the employment relationship is, and is intended to be, "At Will."
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement
between ITC and employee. By no means is this job description
inclusive of all duties; in that employee will be required to
perform all duties as directed by his or her supervisor. This job
description is subject to change by ITC as the needs of ITC and
requirements of the job change.
Keywords: AFL, Tustin , Talent Development Specialist, Human Resources , Tustin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!