RN - Surgery - Per Diem
Company: Alta Hospital Systems
Posted on: December 24, 2018
RN - Surgery - Per Diem Company/Legal Entity Alta Newport Hospital, Inc. City Tustin Shift Variable Apply Now RN - Surgery We are hospitals and affiliated medical groups, working closely together for the benefit of every person who comes to us for care. We build comprehensive networks of quality healthcare services that are designed to offer our patients highly coordinated, personalized care and help them live healthier lives. Through collaboration, we strive to provide all of our patients and medical group members with the quality, affordable healthcare they need and deserve. The RN is responsible for providing professional nursing care within an assigned Surgery Unit. Coordinates care, planning, and implementation with other disciplines, for the adolescent, adult, and older adult (geriatric) patient. Job Responsibilities/Duties
- The is responsible and accountable for the delivery of individualized nursing care to patients having surgical intervention.
- Incorporating current clinical knowledge with established nursing practice, he or she performs nursing interventions utilizing the nursing process, while working with adolescent, adult and geriatric patients. Nursing roles include, but are not limited to patient care, research, education, consultation and advocacy.
- The continuously evaluates the patient's response to nursing interventions and modifies the nursing care plan to achieve the desired outcome, taking into account the age specific needs for the adolescent, adult and geriatric patient.
- Collaborates with other disciplines to revise the patient care plan according to the changing needs of the patient.
- Contributes to performance appraisal by providing data in the assessment of clinical performance.
- Participates in the evaluation of models of patient care.
- Participates in the identification of unsafe patient care practices and assumes responsibility for intervention.
- Participates in formal self-evaluation by identifying areas of strengths, limitations and future goals.
- Seeks supervision of performance when appropriate.
- Participates in educational programs and workshops to increase professional competence and to meet personal needs and goals.
- Understands the legal implications of nursing actions. Qualifications Minimum Education: Graduate of an Accredited Professional School of Nursing preferred. Bachelor of Science (BSN) preferred. CNOR education preferred. Minimum Experience: Completion of Perioperative Training Program OR/RN or equivalent experience. Minimum of one (1) year recent experience as an Operating Room Nurse in an acute hospital setting. Req. Certification/Licensure: Current California RN License. Current American Heart Association (BLS). CNOR education preferred. Employee Value Proposition Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc., is guided by a diverse and highly experienced leadership core. This group maintains the vision that has made Prospect a needed difference-maker in the lives of so many patients today, and many executives contribute to our continued efforts. As a member of our highly effective team of professionals you will receive:
- Company 401K
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time-off
- Life insurance How to Apply To apply for this role, or search our other openings, please visit and click on a location to begin your journey to a new career with us! We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEOC is the Law: Keywords: Registered Nurse, Supervisor, Critical Condition Care, CCU, Critical Care, Telem, GI, Gastric, Cardiac, Medical Surgery, Surgical
Keywords: Alta Hospital Systems, Tustin , RN - Surgery - Per Diem, Healthcare , Tustin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!