Home Health Physical Therapist
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Important Update: In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Kaiser
Permanente is moving to a virtual recruitment process including
telephone and video interviews to help ensure the health and safety
of our employees, candidates, and communities. Also, some hiring
activities may be delayed or suspended in certain geographic areas
and job categories. For more information on Kaiser Permanente's
response to COVID-19, visit our Resource Center . Strength is
Relative. Potential is Infinite. Help your patients achieve their
goals while realizing those of your own. Working alongside clinical
experts and physicians, you'll have the freedom, resources, and
support you need to develop innovative care plans and improve your
patients' quality of life. Home Health Physical Therapist Location:
Tustin, CA Job Number: 938765 Date posted: 02/19/2021 Submit
Interest Description: In accordance with agency policy and
state/federal regulations, provides independent, age-appropriate
physical therapy to patients in their place of residence. Teaches
patient/family and caregivers preventative and rehabilitative
procedures. Develops and coordinates the plan of care and provides
case management. Essential Responsibilities:
- Evaluates patients and interprets evaluation findings to
determine the nature and extent of dysfunction
- Establishes treatment goals and plans treatment to achieve
- Initiates discharge planning for physical therapy
- Implements the plan of care through direct treatment of the
patient, delegates a portion of the treatment plan to appropriate
supportive personnel, and coordinates the treatment program with
other health care personnel as appropriate.
- Provides advice and education to patient and family
- Regularly reassesses clinical signs and symptoms to determine
effectiveness of treatment, progress of patients towards goals, and
the need for modifying goals and treatment.
- Discharges patient from physical therapy when the patient has
received maximum benefit from physical therapy
- In accordance with agency policy, provides accurate, timely
documentation of physical therapy patient management
- Participates in appropriate and approved educational and
clinical research activities in physical therapy
- Participates in specialized patient care clinics outside the
- Assists in the development, implementation, and review of
departmental patient care programs
- Performs other duties as needed in the areas of staff
education, departmental operations, and departmental projects
- Supervises the work of Home Health Aides according to
regulation and agency policy.
- Demonstrates on-going progress toward meeting the criteria for
professional practice Basic Qualifications: Experience
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in physical therapy.
- Graduate of an accredited physical therapy curriculum with a
Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree with certification in
Physical Therapy or foreign-trained equivalent. License,
- Current license to practice as a physical therapist in
- Current CA Driver's license
- American Heart Association approved BLS.
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) required as of May 23, 2007.
- Clinically skilled to detect early warning signs of
complications including medical assessments of skin integrity,
- Ability to differentiate emergent versus non emergent patient
- Ability to look at patient holistically, not just body part or
- Competency to remove staples/sutures in the home.
- Commitment to Service Orientation.
- Effective written and oral communication skills (in
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- Clear driving record for the past two (2) years and proof of
automobile insurance as required by law. Preferred
- Computer literate preferred.
- Experience in an automated clinical information system
preferred. Primary Location: California,Tustin,Tustin Home Health
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Workdays: Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri,
Sat Working Hours Start: 08:30 AM Working Hours End: 05:00 PM Job
Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation: B24-AFSCME-United Therapists of
So Cal Job Level: Individual Contributor Job Category: Rehab
Services Specialty: Physical / Occupational Therapy Department:
Tustin Executive Center - Home Health - 0801 Travel: Yes, 75 % of
the Time Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer
committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified
applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered
for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws,
as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited
to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming
career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you! Sign
up to receive information about opportunities that relate to your
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Tustin , Home Health Physical Therapist, Healthcare , Tustin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!