Medical Director Physician in Orange County!
Company: Provider Healthcare
Posted on: February 19, 2021
Medical Director opening in Tustin, California. This and other
physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com Hiring a Medial
Director in Orange County, CaliforniaSalary + BenefitsClinic
locations: Tustin, Santa Ana and AnaheimPosition Summary: Directs
the planning, organizing, delivery and managment of medical
services at our Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC).
Responsible for the direct and indirect clinical supervision of
healthcare providers and works in conjunction with healthcare
providers on complex medical care issues. Establishes and maintains
protocols for continuity of care by which the patient, physician
and providers are cooperatively involved in ongoing health care
management toward the goal of high quality, cost-effective medical
care. Foster an environment that enhances patient trust and enables
the providers to be more effective patient advocates, facilitates a
cost-effective approach to patient health services and focuses on
prevention and chronic disease management. Build strong supportive
rapport with staff and patient-clinic partnerships in which the
physician and providers work to improve the patient's health
outcomes. Lead a team-based approach to health care designed to
address patient care issues and provide quality patient care that
provides staff with an enriching, rewarding and challenging work
environment. Job Responsibilities & Duties
- Maintains direct responsibility for all medical providers
hired, contracted, or volunteered.
- Provide oversight of employed and volunteer mid-level providers
in a manner consistent with the State of California Laws and
Regulations. This includes appropriate chart review while
maintaining supervisory accessibility. Chart reviews to be
documented in the electronically medical record monthly and a log
of charts reviewed maintained.
- Provides on-going training for employed mid-level providers to
increase their effectiveness and base of knowledge.
- Maintains all Physician Licenses, and DEA License, CPR, NPI
Number: submitting proof annually or as appropriate.Serves as Chair
of the QA/QI Committee and identifies clinical, procedural and
financial quality assurance issues. Works with Clinic stakeholders
to make corrective actions and necessary improvements, including
but not limited to developing the work plan for directing quality
- Works with Pharmacist to insure that pharmacy is maintained to
reflect the Protocols, Policies, and Procedures.
- Maintain direct responsibility for all pharmaceutical
inventory, pharmacy license, and designation of those authorized to
- Investigates and responds to complaints regarding clinical
care, resolving any complaint with expediency and in a professional
manner in coordination with staff.
- Oversees the formulation and periodic review of policies and
procedures on all aspects of clinical care.Assures that CHDP is in
compliance with all federal and state requirements, in conjunction
with the CHDP Project Director.
- Participates in Coalition of Orange County Community Clinics
Medical Directors meetings.
- Maintain Clinic's current PCMH activities and guidelines and
FQHC accreditation as well lead the Clinic in achieving any other
desired initiative or accreditation. These duties are not exclusive
and with consideration of the job requirements and employee skills,
this job description can be added to or taken away from at the
discretion of the employee's immediate supervisor. Core
- Attention to detail.
- Continuous learning and self-development.
- Customer Service.
- Data gathering and analysis.
- Decision Making.
- Leveraging technology.
- Professional integrity.
- Technical knowledge and expertise.
- Adhere to state and federal laws and regulations. Job Skills &
- Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Education: Successful completion of an accredited Medical
- American Board of Family Medicine
- Training: Completion of Medical Doctor Program
- Current California Physician license.
- Current DEA license
- Current BLS certification.
- NPI number.
- Preferred position qualifications:
- Admitting privileges at one or more Orange County
- Ability to effectively lead and manage clinic staff to achieve
standards and objectives.
- Diagnosis and treatment of medical problems commonly
experienced by homeless persons/underinsured.
- Psychosocial factors involved in administering health service
for homeless patients.
- Principles of patient education.
- Ability to create and manage medical provider schedule to
provide staffing for all clinic sites, including fixed site
locations, mobile clinic locations and healthcare outreach events
and clinics. Ability to communicate in Spanish in the health care
- A pleasant personality to people you are speaking to on the
telephone, visitors, and clinic personnel.
- Three to five years experience in similar positions.
- The ability to act and think promptly and professionally.
- Ability to foster a safe environment where people will feel
comfortable to share private, pertinent information for effective
- Demonstrated self-motivation and flexibility within all areas
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Good written communication skills.
- Legible handwriting skills.
- Demonstrated "detail-approach" to administration and
- Hands-on PC compatible computer knowledge, understanding and
- Proficiency with electronic medical records software, Windows,
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality of
information as appropriate.
- Regular timely attendance.Ability To:
- Treat people with dignity, respect, and compassion at all
- Work effectively in a multi-cultural/racial/linguistic
- Deliver and coordinate patient care.
- Recognize and evaluate situations which call for the immediate
attention of a physician.
- Instruct and counsel patients on health and related
- Understand cultural competency principles; fluency in a second
language preferred. Travel to: Mobile Clinic sites. Must have a
valid California drivers' license and acceptable driving record.
Typical Physical Demands:Prolonged sitting or standing may be
required. Those physical movements and the degree of mobility,
manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination normally associated with
in general practice will be performed on a repetitive basis. The
ability to distinguish letters and symbols as well as the ability
to utilize telephones, computer terminals, and copiers is required.
Work under stressful conditions as well as irregular hours may be
required. OSHA Safety Information
- 50% Standing 4. 5% Bending 7. 60% Repetitive Motion
- 50% Sitting 5. 30% Light Lifting (
- 10% Squatting 6. 5% Heavy Lifting (15 Keyphrases: health
administration jobs, medical director jobs, hospital administration
jobs, hospital administrative jobs, healthcare administration jobs,
administration jobs, healthcare administrator jobs, medical
administration jobs, chief medical officer jobs, medical director
position jobs, associate medical director jobs, medical ceo jobs,
healthcare ceo jobs, medical administrative jobs, executive
Keywords: Provider Healthcare, Tustin , Medical Director Physician in Orange County!, Healthcare , Tustin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!