Product & Category Development Manager
Company: Vit-Best Nutrition
Posted on: November 24, 2019
Position Summary-The primary focus of this position is to enable
the Sales and Business Development functions of the company to
achieve the annual and long range (LRP) revenue targets of the
Company. This is highly analytical work requiring in-depth
knowledge of company strategy, individual products, market and
category dynamics, and individual customer strategies and
tactics.-Secondarily, act as the lead cross-functional interface
for New Product Development (NPD), current product
changes/reformulations, and expanded distribution of current
product portfolio. This is internal "New Product Development &
Management". Insure customer requirements (fill-rate, MABD) are
met.- Lead the company's strategy development and tactical
deployment to grow the ecommerce platform (initial focus on Amazon)
through new products and new distribution.
- Manage the overall New Product Portfolio Plan and corresponding
Customer Portfolio Plan for the company. -With the CCO, establish
and annually update the long-range Product and Customer Portfolio
Plans. -With Executive Leadership, establish Annual Revenue and
Profit targets by category, product, and individual customer
rolling to the overall corporate annual plan; Annual Customer
Business Plans. -Track new product and customer financial results
monthly and prepare Business Plan reviews for the Executive Team.
-With direction from the Executive Team, adjust individual Business
Plans to meet yearly objectives.
- Identify new business growth opportunities; new products,
expanded distribution in current customers, new channels of
distribution, new customers. Evaluate all opportunities from a
P&L standpoint to guide Sales and Customer Development.
- Lead development of new products from identification through
- Create selling presentations to enable effective customer
interfaces based on corporate go-to-market strategy.
- Lead the onboarding of new customers with all internal
functions including communication of customer expectations and
Vit-Best "go-to-market" plans specific to the customer.
- Participate in presentations for current and potential new
- Act as the lead "project manager" interfacing with Sales and
all cross-functional resources to insure customer requirements are
consistently met (fill rates, on-time deliveries, etc).
- Develop and deploy the company's ecommerce strategy with an
initial focus on Amazon.
- Participate as a key member of the company's Commercial
Development Leadership Team.
- Demonstrated leadership skills both internally and with
- Highly collaborative mindset with a focus on team success.
- Experience in new product development.
- Sales planning, project management, and execution with
- Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change
- Knowledge of structuring sales quota goals ad revenue
- Motivated, energetic, responsible, reliable, diplomatic,
Education & Experience
- 4-year degree required.
- Business degree preferred / MBA highly desirable.
- Minimum 10 years' experience in New Product Development, Sales,
Business Development, Category Management and/or Marketing.
- Background in Nutritional Supplements, Health and Wellness,
Consumer Products or related industries is a plus.
Keywords: Vit-Best Nutrition, Tustin , Product & Category Development Manager, Executive , Tustin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!