Department Manager, Furniture Sales Lead
Company: Big Lots
Posted on: November 7, 2019
Performs general store operations duties, including merchandising,
selling, cashiering, product assembly, inventory control, freight
processing and stockroom organization, with a strong focus on
1. In conjunction with the Store Manager, responsible for the
operational performance of the furniture department, including
cashiering, service desk, shrink control, store paperwork,
merchandise adjacencies presentation, ad signing, special
promotions, freight processing and inventory control.
2. Assists customers with product information, selection and
purchase. Offers solutions for out of stock items and
3. Manages the pricehold process.
4. Maintains department inventory, including cycle counts, in an
effort to maximize sales and inventory turn.
5. Ensures third party delivery program is marketed to customers
and understood by store associates.
6. Assists in control of shrink and safety results.
7. Assists in training department and store personnel in furniture
functions, including sales and customer service techniques.
8. Ensures the appearance of the store's interior and exterior are
maintained to standards.
9. Assumes responsibility of total store operation when acting as
manager on duty.
1. High School Diploma, GED or equivalent work experience required.
Must be 18 years of age.
2. Minimum one year retail sales experience preferred.
3. Mobility to move freely throughout sales floor and stockroom on
a continual basis throughout the shift required. Ability to lift,
carry, push and pull a minimum of 50 pounds required. Frequently
required to stand for long periods of time, bend, stoop or
4. Ability to work at least 40 hours per week. Work schedule varies
each week including nights, weekends and holidays.
5. Demonstrated visual merchandising skills preferred.
6. Strong customer service and communication skills required.
7. Basic PC skills required.
8. Basic English literacy and math skills required.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including
those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the
requirements of applicable state and local laws.
What is it about Big Lots?From everyday consumables and housewares
to toys and seasonal goods, Big Lots offers amazing values that
other stores just can't match. Discover what makes Big Lots such an
incredible place to shop, work for, invest in, and do business
with.BIG opportunities. LOTS of potential.Our people make Big Lots
a great place to shop - and a great place to work. We're looking
for individuals who are committed to customer service and who want
a career filled with opportunities, challenges and rewards.
Keywords: Big Lots, Tustin , Department Manager, Furniture Sales Lead, Executive , Tustin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!