Branch Service Manager, Vice President, Tustin, CA
Company: MUFG Union Bank N.A
Posted on: March 11, 2019
DescriptionDiscover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018) with total assets of over $2. 9 trillion (106. 2 (JPY) as of March 30, 2018) and 150,000 colleagues in more than 50 countries. In the U. S., we re 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. At Union Bank, we aim to be the premier and most-trusted West Coast bank, serving customers with high-touch, local delivery and global capabilities as we leverage our rich, 150-year history. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by competitive Total Rewards, including our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that s working to fulfill its vision to be the world s most trusted financial group.Position OverviewThe Branch Manager is responsible for all management of activities in a branch office. Manage staff to achieve the mission, vision, and values of the Bank, along with Bank strategic objectives and Branch specific sales and profitability goals. Ensures adherence to Bank policy and procedures by all Branch personnel.Branch Management
- Manages branch as a profit center. Maintains branch at approved expenditure levels.
- Reviews, controls and reports on general ledger activity.
- Writes business letters and reports pertaining to branch operations.
- Responsible for the overall operating efficiency of the Branch, for delivering a consistent branch customer experience, and for coaching the sales and service staff.
- Administers Bank personnel policy and programs.
- Conducts recruiting activities for branch and interviews and selects employees for hire.
- Responsible for the development and training of branch personnel, including evaluations and performance reviews.
- Determines promotions and salary increases for branch personnel.
- Plans and assigns work to staff.
- Develops and manages employee work schedules.
- Evaluates processes and workflow to maximize productivity. Determines work methods to be used.
- Trains employees on expectations and policies.
- Provides constructive feedback to staff. Administers counseling, corrective action processes, and all disciplinary actions, including termination decisions.
- Handles complaints and grievances and escalates as appropriate.Sales Management Activities
- Translates Bank strategic sales objectives into specific branch activities.
- Responsible for behavioral based coaching, as well as the development and performance of all sales activities at the branch.
- Directs and provides leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with company vision and values.
- Establishes the plan and strategy to acquire, retain, and expand the branch s customer base and contributes to the development of training and educational programs for staff.
- Develops sales and revenue generating programs. Responsible for coaching and ensuring the performance of sales staff, as well as for the attainment of sales targets. Trains employees on sales techniques.
- Initiates and coordinates development of action plans to penetrate new markets and acquire new customers.
- Prepares action plans for individuals and branch teams (if appropriate) for effective search of sales leads and prospects.
- Conducts routine meetings, including one-on-one reviews, with all sales and service staff to build more effective communications, understand training and development needs, and to provide insight for the improvement of skill sets and activity performance.
- Maintains and monitors production or sales records for use in supervision. Assists sales staff in preparation of proposals and presentations.
- Maintains detailed knowledge of the company's products or services. Keeps abreast of evolving industry and competitive practices.Risk Management/Compliance
- Ensures that operating procedures are being followed. Provides guidance and training to branch personnel on operating risk issues and handling of exceptions and adjustments.
- Performs function of branch safety and security officer. Ensures that the office is operating in a safe and effective manner.Qualifications
- Requires 5 to 7 years of financial services experience, with an emphasis in the management of staff for sales production for consumer, small business lending, and if assigned, specialty segments such Cash and Save, Priority etc.
- Requires previous supervisory, administrative and analytical skills and work experience.
- Requires experience in customer service, communications, and time management.
- Previous knowledge of operations and regulatory requirements is also required.
- Preferred skills include general knowledge of Windows, MS Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Current portfolio of business or community networking contacts, commercial lending, direct lending or commercial loan underwriting experience with a history of delegated lending authority is highly preferred.This position may be subject to SAFE Act Registration Requirements. Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all applicants for employment who will be engaged in residential loan mortgage originations (as defined by the SAFE Act) must register with the federal registry system and maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act requirements. If at any time the Bank determines that your position requires SAFE Act registration, you will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process. Failure to register successfully or to maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act will affect your eligibility for continued employment and may result in your immediate termination.
Keywords: MUFG Union Bank N.A, Tustin , Branch Service Manager, Vice President, Tustin, CA, Executive , Tustin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!