Manager, Teammember Payroll
Company: Schools Financial
Posted on: September 20, 2022
22-0835Tustin Campus, Hybrid Eligible (3 days in office per
week)Regular Full-Time40Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00
pmMonday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Who We Are
SchoolsFirst FCU is the largest credit union in California and the
nation's largest credit union serving the educational community. We
exclusively serve California school employees and their families.
We were recently ranked the #1 credit union in California by
Forbes, and recognized as one of the 50 Most Engaged WorkplacesTM
in North America by Achievers. We're growing and looking for
talented, service-oriented people to join our team.
What We Believe
There's a reason we love coming to work every day. We have the
privilege of serving those who build the future: school employees,
and the families whose sacrifices make their work possible. Not
only are we passionate about living our mission of providing
Members with world-class personal service and financial security,
but we're also dedicated to providing service to each other. That
means creating an environment where you're empowered to do what you
do best every day, with opportunities for ongoing development and
growth. So you can provide the trusted advice and financial
expertise that makes a positive difference in the lives of our
Members. It's a truly unique culture, in an organization with a
truly unique mission.
What You'll Be Doing
Oversee and manage the credit union's payroll functions, ensuring
pay is processed timely, accurately, and in compliance with
* Oversees payroll, planning, prioritizing and/or directing the
responsibilities of teammembers. Manages experienced professionals
who exercise latitude and independence in assignments. Develops
staff for current and long-term department needs and opportunities.
Has accountability for the performance and results of a payroll
* Designs, implements, maintains, and reviews payroll processing
systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll
transactions. Ensures compliance with said payroll processes
including: Calculating gross and net pay amounts (e.g., salary,
overtime, shift payments, commissions, bonuses, deferred
compensation, benefits, tax withholdings, garnishments, deductions,
payroll liabilities, etc.).
* Reconciles and/or reviews payroll records (e.g., payments,
deductions, general ledger entries for wages). Prepares variance
analyses and explanations for fluctuations in payroll general
ledger accounts. Prepares reports illustrating payroll
expenditures, including tax payments.
* Monitors, documents, calculates benefit plan disbursements and
taxable fringe, for inclusion pay.
* Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates
including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates.
* Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports of payroll
transactions. Maintain records on vacation, sick leave, etc.
Responsible for payroll data verification and administration.
* Monitor and manage payroll legislation compliance. Ensures
compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour
laws and implements best practices.
* Answers questions from teammembers and leaders regarding payroll
matters. Communicates changes to process, regulations, updates,
reminders, etc. to appropriate audiences within the organization,
including executives, management and staff.
* Facilitates audits and examinations by maintaining and providing
required records and documentation to auditors and federal and
state government regulators.
* Evaluates current systems, and recommends and develops operating
efficiency improvements. Identifies and recommends updates to
payroll processing software, systems, and procedures.
Additional Job Functions
* Provides daily support to staff, including answering questions
and problem resolution, communicating job expectations; planning,
monitoring, and appraising job results; training, coaching,
counseling, and disciplining employees; developing, coordinating,
and enforcing systems, policies, procedures, and productivity
* Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements;
preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures and analyzing
* Contributes to organizational goals and priorities as a member of
Management team. Establishes and implements plans that have
short-term (1-2 year) impact on business results in alignment with
* Evaluates operating procedures and policies, ensuring the highest
levels of Member service, productivity and internal control.
* Initiates, researches, coordinates and implements department or
division projects intended to benefit Members, internal teammembers
or department operations.
* Ensures compliance with state and federal laws as well as any
other applicable regulations.
* Understands the credit union organizational goals and key
performance indicators and takes the necessary actions to achieve
Performs other duties as assigned Complies with regulatory
compliance and assigned training requirements including but not
limited to BSA regulations corresponding to their specific job
duties. Failure to do so may result in disciplinary and other
employment related actions
* Required Bachelor's Degree or equivalent years of experience
7-10 years of previous related experience Required 3-5 years
previous management experience Required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Extensive knowledge of the payroll function including
preparation, balancing, internal control, and payroll taxes.
* Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
* Proficient with payroll software.
Keywords: Schools Financial, Tustin , Manager, Teammember Payroll, Executive , Tustin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!