Manager/Sr. Manager, Supply Chain
Company: Avid Bioservices
Posted on: June 18, 2022
Job DescriptionAvid Bioservices Inc., located in Tustin CA, is a
dedicated contract development and manufacturing organization
("CDMO") focused on development and CGMP manufacturing of
biopharmaceuticals products derived from mammalian cell culture.
Avid provides a comprehensive range of process development, high
quality CGMP clinical and commercial manufacturing services for the
biotechnology and biopharmaceutical industries. With over 28 years
of experience producing monoclonal antibodies, enzymes, and
recombinant proteins in batch, fed-batch, and perfusion modes,
Avid's services include CGMP clinical and commercial product
manufacturing, purification, release and stability testing as well
as regulatory strategy, submission and support. Avid also provides
a variety of process development activities, including cell culture
and feed optimization, analytical methods development, and product
characterization.We are dedicated to the improvement of global
patient outcomes by delivering world-class services. Our expertise
enables us to partner with our customers to advance their products
from clinical development to commercial launch. Do you possess the
skills and expertise below to improve patient lives and support
patient innovative therapies? If so, apply today!Check out our
website at https://avidbio.com!In compliance with federal law, all
persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility
to work in the United States and to complete the required
employment eligibility verification form upon hire.Covid-19 Hiring
Update: We are continuing to interview and hire during this time.
Avid Bioservices' is committed to caring for the safety and
well-being of applicants and employees; all interviews will be
completed over the phone or virtually.Summary/Objective: The Supply
Chain Manager/Sr. Manager is accountable for Avid's site
Procurement and Production Scheduling Operations. The Supply Chain
Manager/Sr. Manager will convert material demand requirements from
the Long-Range Plan (LRP) into a material requirements plan,
utilizing Avid's ERP system. This leader will have full
accountability of the Supply Chain from the point of this
conversion into an order through the consumption in our process
operations. This position is accountable for having the right
materials, released and available at the correct time to the
correct specification to support the production schedule. Finally,
this position will also be responsible for the site Vendor Managed
Inventory (VMI) program that will support the Manufacturing,
process Development and Quality Control teams with the requisite
materials to support daily operations.Essential Functions:
(Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Provide visible leadership to the organization that will
instill operational best practices, team-oriented work environment
and productive results to the organization.
- Drive collaboration and engagement with our cross-functional
- Work closely with Data management, Manufacturing and Quality to
develop best practices that will support our materials management
program, including the ERP system architecture, BOM approval
process and procurement processes.
- Build & foster strategic supplier relationships creating plans
for alternative sources.
- Identify areas of improvement as Avid continues to grow and
expand its operational footprint, including the implementation of
new software or equipment.
- Provide leadership to a team that will partner with operational
areas to ensure materials are controlled and meet
- Communicate with management on delays and obstacles that may
affect daily functions by way of material shortage and exception
- Manage a team that will effectively execute required entries
into ERP and troubleshoot simple to moderate failure modes within
ERP with regards to Material Masters and Material Recipes.
- Delivery of defined metrics around material entries and
executed Bill of Materials.
- Forward plan material demands using planned orders supported by
a Bill of Materials via the site ERP system in accordance with the
production and asset plan.
- Work closely with the QC department to ensure raw materials and
consumables are released in ERP ready for materials to be picked by
the warehouse in support of production demands and dates.
- Manage Avid's site Purchasing Team to ensure material delivery
dates are aligned with production demands.
- Responsible for the ERP process orders to the GMP warehouse to
allow picking of materials and ensuring all materials are available
on site and released by the Quality function.
- Apply proven communication, analytical and problem-solving
skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve systems issues to
maximize the benefit of system investments. Required Education
- Bachelor's degree (Preferably in Life Sciences) plus a minimum
of 7-8 years of experience in Supply Chain with a minimum of 2
year's supervising a Supply Chain team.
- Strong Leadership ability to drive change
- Positive, customer service-oriented skills and behavior
- Competent in Supply Chain planning and Material Requirement
Planning (MRP) functionality.
- Excellent analytical problem-solving skills and verbal and
written communication skills required for discussing complex
- Ability to coordinate, facilitate and organize resources.
- Experience with Material Master and Recipe creation within an
ERP system (preferably Oracle or D365)
- Detail oriented and accurate in the ability to design,
implement and continuously improve operational reports, metrics
and/or KPI's.Employee Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Long-Term Disability
- Matching 401(K) Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- 15 Days PTO, 8 Designated Holidays, and 4 Floating Holidays per
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- And more! Check out our Total Rewards package at
https://avidbio.com/careers/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION
EMPLOYERAvid Bioservices does not discriminate against any employee
or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, age, marital status, genetic information,
disability or protected veteran status.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Avid Bioservices, Tustin , Manager/Sr. Manager, Supply Chain, Executive , Tustin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!