Microbiology Manager/Supervisor - Anaheim, CA
Company: Kelly Services
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Microbiology Manager/Supervisor - Anaheim, CAPOSITION
DESCRIPTION:The Microbiology Supervisor supervises a departmental
staff that conducts testing on foods and ensures the reliability,
timeliness, and accuracy of the results.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Provides operational, technical, and administrative leadership
to the Microbiology Department through supervision, planning and
allocation of resources.
- Effectively supervises the Microbiology staff relating to
performance management. Coaches and mentors staff to facilitate
their personal and professional growth.
- Consistently produces accurate results focusing on both test
results and time consideration/expectations. Ensure all results
consistently stand up to internal and external audit standards and
- Develops ongoing business analysis resulting in recommending,
implementing, and maintaining practices and processes to
continuously increase accuracy, productivity, and efficiency.
- Measures and maintains processes to increase accuracy of
testing and turnaround time. Ensures appropriate equipment and
technical resources are provided and maintained for the work done
in the department.
- Maintains a wide-ranging familiarity with new developments in
- Together with the Lab Director/Manager acts in the capacity of
a Consultant to clients utilizing resourcefulness, making
scientific suggestions and overall, enhancing the comfort level in
the client's decision to do business with the company.
- Effectively interacts with clients to understand client issues
and supervise client expectations relating to the testing process,
format of results and time frames for completion. Ensures all tests
are performed as per the clients' expectations and interacts with
them to provide test results and recommendations.
- Effectively communicates with clients on samples provided.
Including communicating with governmental agencies such as the FDA
and USDA to explain test results on behalf of the client.
- Reviews and validates results and final reports prior to
issuance to clients.
- Ensures execution of the QA/QC programs and ISO requirements
about all operations and documentation requirements.
- Coordinates all relevant QC records pertaining to the
calibration, validation and maintenance of equipment, and the
continuous training of employees and maintain all quality
management records for the Microbiology department.
- Collaborates with other departments and with the management
team to maintain and improve Certified Laboratories management
- Works effectively, in conjunction with the management team to
meet business and position expectations.
- Other duties as required.POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- BS degree in Microbiology or Food Science.
- 7 years technical lab experience and 5 years supervisory
- Knowledge of MLG, BAM, AOAC, USP, ELAP, CMMEF procedures and
- Effective interpersonal skills with strong communication
skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Experience in broad food testing.
- Experience in creating shelf life programs and developing
control/monitoring programs in a high sample volume/production
- Strong quantitative skills, proven attention to detail with
effective organizational skills.
- Proven ability to develop, adapt, and validate testing
- Proven expertise in relevant technology.
- Proven problem solving, trouble shooting and critical thinking
- Excellent computer skills required - Microsoft Office, Excel,
Word, PowerPoint; knowledge of Labware LIMS (Laboratory Information
Supervisement System) desirable.For immediate consideration apply
today!Questions? Please reach out to Dustin at
DUSG877@kellyservices.com#TJP2021_SPECWhy Kelly--?Kelly Science &
Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical
companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day,
we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their
skills and interests-it's the way we think job searching should be.
Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional
background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about
the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly--At
Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job
seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In
fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional
workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and
tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work
and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we
do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of
workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world. Kelly is
an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse
workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females,
individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual
orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The
Keywords: Kelly Services, Tustin , Microbiology Manager/Supervisor - Anaheim, CA, Executive , Tustin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!