Company: Precision Hospitality & Development
Posted on: January 9, 2021
JOB SUMMARY:Hourly, Non-ExemptSupportsthe Store Manager to
manage all aspects of restaurant operations. Key areas
ofresponsibility in our fast-paced work environment include:
- Work with precision tomanage labor and daily operations: ensure
products are prepared to operationaland quality standards; prepare
and adjust work schedules and delegate tasks to maximize
productivity; achieve accuracy of guest orders and speed of service
- Model warm, genuine hospitality andensure excellent customer
care- for both guests and team members. Lead the teamto ensure
everyone is working to meet guests' and each other's needs, and
givethem a reason to come back.
- Focus on development: recruit,hire and train team
members,evaluate their performance, create plans to develop their
skills,recognize top performers, coach for performance improvement
and ensure gracefulexits for team members that do not meet our
- As part of daily operations, the ASM completes various
administrativetasks including effective cash management, analyzing
sales numbers, assistingthe SM with ordering supplies and
conducting inventory, processing end of dayreports, tracking waste,
completing Red Book functions, and ensuring cleanliness standards
are maintained on every shift.DESCRIPTION OF JOB DUTIES:
Successfully supports execution of allaspects of restaurant
operations, with responsibility for people, profits andresults.1.
PromotePHD Culture and Team Environment
- Role model PHD values of integrity, loyalty, generosity,
- Is a faithful steward of all that has been entrusted to the
- Make a positive impact on all who come in contact with PHD.
- Foster a spirit of commitment, not compliance.
- Communicate performance expectations and holds self and team
- Promote a respectful team environment where diversity is valued
- Handle employee concerns with fairness and a sense of urgency
- Communicate professionally, appropriately and effectively with
teammembers, managers, corporate staff, vendors and guests.
- Bring full talents to the workplace and work efficiently and
effectively.2. Consistently demonstrate and uphold PHD's
- Precision:o Work with focus on the details and a desire to
deliver products that are exactly right.o Demonstrate reliability:
follow through on commitments; under-promise and over-deliver.o
Ensure theteam prepares products by following Brand standards and
procedures withoutcutting corners.o Plan and execute all management
tasks accurately and efficiently.
- Hospitality:o Buildteamwork and a guest-focused crew through
effective training, deployment andcommunication.o Demonstrate WOW
Factor Service to team members, other managers, guests and
vendors.o Empower the team with freedom and responsibility to rely
on logic and common sense toconsistently deliver WOW Factor
Service.o Say "yes" to requests whenever possible.o Bring a
positive attitude and energy to every shift.
- Development:o Demonstrate willingness to learn new procedures
and try new things to better serve theguest and the team, as well
as grow personal knowledge and skills.o Assist the SM in helping to
ensure the right people are hired and developed for keypositions.o
Create a learning environment ensuring team members are properly
trained.o Assist the SM in promoting ongoing development of the
team to leverage talents and skills, while providing apath for
growth and career advancement.o Deliver caring, timely feedback and
coaching to improve team member performance.o Respond positively to
coaching and feedback.o Assist the SM in preparing and conducting
performance reviews for allteam members.o Recognize team members
for demonstrating desired behavior and performance3. Ensure Guest
- Hold the guest as their highest priority and role model WOW
- Empower the team to satisfy guests and resolve problems.
- Provide leadership to the team to ensure communication to
guests is clear and orders are accurate.
- Ensure service with speed goals, per brand standard, are met
throughouteach shift, focusing on effective team service.
- Maintain guest satisfaction by monitoring and evaluating food,
beverageand service offerings, initiating improvements and building
relationships with guests to encourage return visits and
- Analyze guest satisfaction survey results to recognize
achievement andproviding coaching and direction to restaurant team
to drive continuous improvement.4. Create Operational Excellence
- Assist the SM in planning,identifying, communicating and
delegating appropriate responsibilities toteam members to ensure
smooth flow of operations, including the following:o Oversee
restaurant set up, cleanup and closing.o Check quality of the food
prior to delivery to customers.
- Ensure the restaurant meets food safety, sanitation and
cleanlinessstandards at all times.
- Use Red Book and other PHD/Dunkin tools to complete and track
requiredtasks on every shift.
- Monitor and adjust items and equipment in front of house
according tomerchandising/product appearance standards.
- Ensure uniforms and team member appearance meet company
- Guard the safety and security of team members and guests by
proactivelyidentifying and addressing opportunities.5. Achieve
- Assist the SM in completing restaurant operations review and
foodsafety/sanitation self- inspection each month.
- Review restaurant environment and key business indicators to
identifyproblems and opportunities for improvement and action plan
with team to achieveoperational goals.
- Drive sales through effective execution of cashier upselling;
specializing of new menu items,or other promotional/marketing
- Ensure cash registers are functional and cashiers are
- Manage cash over/short through effective cash control
- Prepare deposits of daily cash receipts for armor car pick up.
- Assist the SM in managing food cost by conducting inventory,
orderingeffectively, tracking throwaways and minimizing waste.
- Assist the SM with conducting inventory of all restaurant, food
and drinks supplies on a daily basis.
- Assist the SM in ensuring deliveries are inventoried and
reconciledagainst supplier records.
- Manage labor by through proper delegation of shift tasks and
managingproductivity through hourly reads.
- Ensure time is properly recorded by restaurant employees.
- Ensure all policies and procedures are followed as well as
compliance with labor and health laws.
- Assist the SM to ensure all preventative maintenance and
cleaning activities occur and addresses equipment and facility
issuesin a timely manner.
- Contact corporate office as needed for supplies, reporting of
problems, etc.6. Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as
assigned or required.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS ANDABILITIESStrongWorking
- Restaurant operations
- Food safety and sanitation
- Quality guest service
- Cost control: cash handling, food/waste, labor/productivity
- Safe work habits and procedures (e.g. knife handling, lifting,
- Supervision of restaurant employees
- Company rules and procedures, in compliance with state and
federal lawsAbility to:
- Make accurate arithmetic computations.
- Prepare and maintain simple records and reports.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with
Restaurant owner and/or Corporate Management, employees,
otheragencies and customers.
- Follow written and verbal instructions from Corporate
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Use Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook software to accomplish
- Use company operating systems, including POS,
payroll/timekeeping and any other companysoftware.Core
- Takes Initiative
- Attracts & Develops Talent
- Builds Strong Teams
- Business Acumen
- Plans and Aligns
- Drives Results
- Makes Sound Decisions
- Innovation/Process Improvement
- Customer FocusESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Ability to frequently lift or move boxes and/or plastic
5-gallon containers weighing up to 40 pounds and frequently pulls
and moves storage racks weighing up to 5 pounds. Ability to stand,
stoop and move around for an entire shift when not on a break or
- Must be clearly see temperature readings.
- Must be able to distinguish between colors.
- Must be able to adjust focus and utilize depth perception.
- Must be able to work quickly and efficiently.
- Must be able to be flexible and be team-oriented.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced team environment, display
goodattitude and be dependable.PHYSICAL DEMANDSEmployee is required
to stand and move for long periods of time; mopping,stooping,
kneeling, crouching, cleaning walls and baseboardsand racks, and
occasional crawling, as needed, to accomplish daily activities.Able
to lift 50 pounds.WORK ENVIRONMENTTypical restaurant environment.
When warranted, may be required to work beyond normal working hours
as needed to meet guest needs or restaurant requirements.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks.
- Handling and being exposed to sensitive and/or confidential
- Frequent walking, reaching with hands and arms, stooping and
- Maintain composure when dealing with staff and occasionally
under conditions of urgencyand/or pressure situations in a
fast-paced environment.REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED
- College degree is preferred
- 5+ years working in a restaurant or food service establishment
- 3-5 years' management experience
- Valid Manager Food Certification and knowledge of food safety
standardsand requirementsPlease note that this job description is
not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of
activities, duties orresponsibilities that are required of the
employee for this position. Duties,responsibilities and activities
may change at any time with or without notice.
Keywords: Precision Hospitality & Development, Tustin , Assistant Manager, Executive , Tustin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!