Manager, Medical Affairs - Clinical Scientist (CT) + a 5% Signing Rewa
Company: Canon Medical Systems USA, Inc.
Posted on: January 6, 2020
Made for Partnerships. Made for Patients. Made for You. At Canon
Medical Systems we partner with our customers to truly understand
their needs in imaging and beyond. We develop a full range of
imaging solutions, including CT, X-Ray, Ultrasound and MR that
address time pressures, workflow constraints, patient comfort and
imaging precision to deliver true efficiency coupled with best in
class tools for diagnosis. Together, we work on an education plan
and develop service solutions that meet your every needs.
Our goal is to work hand in hand with our partners to deliver
optimum health opportunities for patients through uncompromised
performance, comfort and imaging accuracy. Together, we make it
OVERVIEW Work as part of a dynamic and fast-paced team of clinical
and technical experts dedicated to positively impacting clinical
care by effectively translating innovative imaging solutions to the
clinical environment. Generate scientific and clinical evidence via
product evaluations and research in order to highlight advantages
of the technology while maintaining alignment with the business
strategy. Participate as a technical expert of the product line
technology and communicate product intelligence to internal teams,
key partners, collaborators, and external experts. Effectively
interact with multiple teams including R&D, global and local
business, marketing solutions, regulatory, applications, and
service. Manage key clinical customer/partner relationships in
order to comprehensively support Canon's business objectives while
serving the needs of patients.
Essential Responsibilities Clinical research and validation. Manage
collaborative research and clinical evaluation projects at
collaboration/partner sites including data collection, protocol
development, data acquisition, phantom studies, equipment
evaluations, post processing, co-writing papers, IP and technology
transfer support, and development of presentations.
- Provide evidence-based guidance on scientific and clinical
requirements for new products and features to meet market
- Support regulatory activities providing technical/market
expertise, and reviewing study/test-plan design. Influence
regulatory specifications and claims strategy by providing
scientific and clinical consultation during early phase
- Work with Strategic Development team to evaluate product claims
and specifications -- including testing of default protocols to
ensure acceptance by industry standards (e.g., The Joint Commission
and ACR). Communicate relevant evaluation results via appropriate
channels to internal and global research teams.
- Support, design, and execute internal and external product
evaluations. Explore expansion of clinical use. Provide product
validation results and communicate scientific and clinical benefits
to company stakeholders such as Solutions Marketing for the
purposes of product collateral development.
- Support Solutions Marketing in developing collaterals. Provide
relevant scientific and clinical data, review collaterals for
scientific accuracy, and work jointly with regulatory to ensure
adherence to clinical claims and technical specifications. Support
Solutions Marketing on the development of scientific and clinical
arguments for products and counter-arguments against
- Support education teams in development of videos and training
programs by providing clinical and technical expertise and
- Support Clinical Collaborations in Medical Advisory Board (MAB)
activities related to the product line.
- Support Clinical Collaborations by actively participating in
hypothesis-based research grant proposal review committees for all
- Work with Clinical Collaborations database administrator to
ensure research activities are kept to schedule and recorded on a
- Participate in BU and Medical Affairs meetings and provide
clinical and technical expertise to support business
- Provide clinical, technical, and product education to enhance
the knowledge base of the Market Development, Solutions Marketing
and Applications teams.
- Collaborate with healthcare economics personnel to translate
economic benefits of clinical research programs for the benefit of
marketing and sales programs.
- Communicate known clinical or technical product issues via
appropriate channels. Work with relevant team(s) (e.g., Strategic
Development, Regulatory, and Service) to quickly implement market
- Perform all responsibilities in full compliance with regulatory
and legal requirements, and industry within guidelines.
- Represent Canon as a spokesperson for product line technology
at educational and scientific industry events.
- Represent Canon in industry organizational activities (e.g.,
MITA, IEC, AAPM, RSNA, ISMRM, ACR, ABR, QIBA, etc.).
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Strong communication skills, including credible interaction
with prominent academicians and physicians and demonstrated skill
at scientific writing and presenting.
- Demonstrated project management and/or customer support
- Demonstrated understanding of current and emerging products and
technology in product line.
- Detailed clinical and technical knowledge of product line
technologies (CT, MR, X-ray, Ultrasound or Vascular systems).
- Proficiency with computers in windows-based software
- Proven ability to operate effectively in a matrix
- This position will require 30% field based travel.
Required Years of Experience
- 3 years of experience working with the product line technology
as a Medical Physicist, Scientist, or MD in a clinical physics or
clinical research setting.
- 5 years clinical teaching experience in a university setting or
as an industry representative (preferred).
Required Education, Certification, and Licenses
- PhD, MD, or equivalent in medical imaging physics, engineering,
or one of the clinical sciences.
About usCanon Medical Systems USA, Inc., a world leader in
diagnostic imaging, is in search of qualified candidates to fill
our open positions. Canon Medical Systems offers a competitive
salary and benefits package, we support a diverse workplace and are
an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex,
color, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national
origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. We
invite you to join and become part of our Canon family.
Keywords: Canon Medical Systems USA, Inc., Tustin , Manager, Medical Affairs - Clinical Scientist (CT) + a 5% Signing Rewa, Executive , Tustin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!