Manager, Medical Affairs - Clinical Development + a 5% Signing Reward
Company: Canon Medical Systems USA, Inc.
Posted on: December 6, 2019
Made for Partnerships. Made for Patients. Made for You. At Canon
Medical Systems we partner with our customers to truly understand
their needs in imaging and beyond. We develop a full range of
imaging solutions, including CT, X-Ray, Ultrasound and MR that
address time pressures, workflow constraints, patient comfort and
imaging precision to deliver true efficiency coupled with best in
class tools for diagnosis. Together, we work on an education plan
and develop service solutions that meet your every needs.
Our goal is to work hand in hand with our partners to deliver
optimum health opportunities for patients through uncompromised
performance, comfort and imaging accuracy. Together, we make it
possible. OVERVIEW Work as part of a dynamic and fast-paced team of
clinical and technical experts dedicated to positively impacting
clinical care by effectively translating innovative imaging
solutions to the clinical environment. Generate scientific and
clinical evidence via product evaluations and research in order to
highlight advantages of the technology while maintaining alignment
with the business strategy. Participate as a clinical expert of the
product line technology and communicate product intelligence to
internal teams and key partners, collaborators, and external
experts. Effectively interact with multiple teams including
R&D, global and local business, marketing solutions,
regulatory, applications, and service. Manage key clinical
customer/partner relationships in order to comprehensively support
Canon's business objectives while serving the needs of patients.
- Clinical research and validation. Support collaborative
research and clinical evaluation projects at collaboration/partner
sites including data collection, protocol development, data
acquisition, phantom studies, equipment evaluations, post
processing, and development of presentations.
- Provide evidence-based guidance on scientific and clinical
requirements for new products and features to meet market
- Support regulatory activities by managing image quality review
with external medical experts, providing clinical expertise, and
reviewing study/test-plan design. Influence regulatory
specifications and claims strategy by providing clinical
consultation during early phase development.
- Work with Strategic Development team to evaluate product claims
from a clinical stand-point. Communicate relevant evaluation
results via appropriate channels to internal and global research
- Manage, design, and execute internal and external product
evaluations. Explore expansion of clinical use. Provide product
validation results and communicate scientific and clinical benefits
to company stakeholders such as Solutions Marketing for the
purposes of product collateral development.
- Support Solutions Marketing in developing collaterals. Provide
relevant scientific and clinical data, review collaterals for
clinical accuracy, and work jointly with regulatory to ensure
adherence to clinical claims. Counsel Solutions Marketing on the
development of clinical arguments for products and
counter-arguments against competition.
- Support education teams in development of videos and training
programs by providing clinical expertise and evidence.
- Support Clinical Collaborations in Medical Advisory Board (MAB)
activities related to the product line.
- Support Clinical Collaborations by actively participating in
hypothesis-based research grant proposal review committees for all
- Work with Clinical Collaborations database administrator to
ensure research activities are kept to schedule and recorded on a
- Participate in BU and Medical Affairs meetings and provide
clinical expertise to support business decisions.
- Provide clinical, technical, and product education to enhance
the knowledge base of the Market Development, Solutions Marketing
and Applications teams.
- Collaborate with healthcare economics personnel to translate
economic benefits of clinical research programs for the benefit of
marketing and sales programs.
- Communicate known clinical or technical product issues via
appropriate channels. Work with relevant team(s) (e.g., Strategic
Development, Regulatory, and Service) to quickly implement market
- Perform all responsibilities in full compliance with regulatory
and legal requirements, and within industry guidelines.
- Support Applications to develop market-optimized
protocols/sequences/presets and positively influence equipment
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Strong communication skills, including credible interaction
with prominent physicians and demonstrated skill at writing and
- Demonstrated project management and/or customer support
- Demonstrated understanding of current and emerging products and
technology in product line.
- Prefer detailed clinical and technical knowledge of product
line technologies (CT, MR, X-ray UL or Vascular systems).
- Proficiency with computers in windows-based software
- Proven ability to operate effectively in a matrix
- This position will require 50% field based travel. REQUIRED
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
- 8+ years of experience working with and operating the product
line technology (MRI) in a clinical hospital, industry position, or
clinical research setting.
- 2+ years in supporting clinical investigations including
- 2+ years clinical product development, marketing or sales
experience preferred REQUIRED EDUCATION
- BA degree or equivalent; certified as a registered technologist
on product line technology (MRI)
About usCanon Medical Systems USA, Inc., a world leader in
diagnostic imaging, is in search of qualified candidates to fill
our open positions. Canon Medical Systems offers a competitive
salary and benefits package, we support a diverse workplace and are
an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex,
color, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national
origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. We
invite you to join and become part of our Canon family.
Keywords: Canon Medical Systems USA, Inc., Tustin , Manager, Medical Affairs - Clinical Development + a 5% Signing Reward, Executive , Tustin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!