Infrastructure Engineer, Lead
Company: SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union
Posted on: August 5, 2019
Lead complex network infrastructure efforts and initiatives across
one of more functional areas:
- Routing and Switching
- Application Delivery Controller
Work Effort Allocation
Operational Tasks: 20-30%
The Infrastructure Engineer Lead serves as technical lead for
effective design, administration, configuration, installation,
provisioning, monitoring and troubleshooting to ensure
availability, capacity and performance of network infrastructure
systems is achieved. Perform assigned duties as listed in RACI
model(s) and under limited direction from manager. Collaborate with
peers, architects, project managers, managers and business
stakeholders on design, strategy and project activities.
- Lead infrastructure design reviews.
- Participate in technical research to enable continuing
innovation within the network infrastructure.
- Serve as highest-level subject matter expert on routing and
switching, firewalls, , security, application delivery controller
web application firewall, intrusion prevention, software defined
networking and network automation.
- Design and implement highly available solutions to industry
best practices to minimize repair and recovery efforts and hardware
or software failures.
- Utilize network scripting and automation to automate routine
- Troubleshoot complex incidents and problems, including
escalation to appropriate to 3rd party vendor support, to drive
root cause analysis.
- Responsible for researching technology solutions, vendors,
products and costs.
- Manage vendors and hold them accountable to contractual SLAs
- Submit and fulfill ITSM service requests.
- Coordinate and collaborate with teammembers and service
- Facilitate meetings with various technical teams as well as
third party vendors.
- Provide assistance for escalated support cases from Network
Administrators and Network Engineers.
- Perform peer review of complex changes submitted by
- Provide third tier support including investigation,
troubleshooting, root cause analysis and resolution.
- Monitor ITSM tickets and prioritize appropriately.
- Design and support disaster recovery and business continuity
solutions, failover and testing efforts.
- This position will be part of on call rotation supporting the
production environment 24x7x365.
- Other duties as required to ensure continuous operation of
Knowledge and Skills
- Thirteen or more years of network experience in a complex
- Expert knowledge of routing and switching with thirteen or more
years of experience with: Cisco Routers, Cisco Switches
- Expert knowledge of network design with nine or more years of
experience with: Cisco design methodologies and objectives,
addressing and routing protocols, and network expansion
considerations within campus, data center, security, voice, and
- Expert knowledge of wireless networks with nine or more years
of experience with: Aruba Networks, Cisco Wireless
- Expert knowledge of security solutions with nine or more years
of experience with: Multi-vendor Firewalls and VPN, Cisco
- Multi Factor Authentication.
- Expert knowledge of application delivery controllers with nine
or more years of experience with: F5 Big IP
- Expert knowledge of TCP/IP and OSI Model.
- Expert knowledge of networking protocols (e.g., SIP, RTP,
TCP/IP, IPSEC, HSRP, 802.11, QoS).
- Expert knowledge of routing protocols (EIGRP and BGP).
- Expert knowledge of SNMP, log and packet capturing monitoring
- Expert knowledge of operating systems, servers and
- Expert knowledge of audit and security best practices (NIST,
Education and Certification
- Bachelor (4-year) degree, with a technical major such as
engineering or computer science (or equivalent years of
- Hold CCIE Routing and Switching (written and lab) and one of
more of the following certifications:
- CCNP Wireless
- CCIE Security (written)
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union, Tustin , Infrastructure Engineer, Lead, Engineering , Tustin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!