Senior Engineer- Spaceship Actuator Flight Controls
Company: Virgin Galactic
Posted on: August 2, 2022
Who We AreVirgin Galactic, www.VirginGalactic.com (SPCE:NYSE),
recognizes that the answers to many of the challenges we face in
sustaining life on our beautiful but fragile planet, lie in making
better use of space. Sending people to space has not only expanded
our understanding of science, but taught us amazing things about
human ingenuity, physiology and psychology. From space, we are able
to look with a new perspective both outward and back. From space,
the borders that are fought over on Earth are arbitrary lines. From
space, it is clear that there is much more that unites us than
divides us."We are at the vanguard of a new industry determined to
pioneer twenty-first century spacecraft, which will open space to
everybody - and change the world for good." Sir Richard Branson,
Founder, Virgin GalacticIf you are looking for a challenging
opportunity that will ignite your passion for designing cool and
innovative products, are exceptionally creative, are a great
problem solver and can make things happen - apply today! Your
- Accountable for the integrated development of the Virgin
Galactic Spaceship Actuated Flight Controls, including full
lifecycle requirement development, verification planning and
executing, and vehicle implementation.
- Support the Actuated Flight Controls Project Manager in
identifying the engineering scope required across all disciplines
to meet program requirements.
- Lead cross-functional engineering teams to complete projects
within the program, and coordinate with other stakeholders on the
- Support development of Engineering plans to meet program
requirements including: Test Plans, Validation and Verification
Plans, and other engineering development plans.
- Take ownership of risks to the Program plan and develops
integrated proposals to mitigate and retire those risks.
- Support the development and validation of the actuator
technical requirements in support of overall program
- Validate and track schedule and staffing estimates for the
- Support the Project Manager by assigning and prioritizing
responsibilities for engineering tasks related to their
- Perform high level quality control of the work (technical
adequacy, plans, personnel's performance) and report regularly on
engineering project status to program and engineering leadership.
Initiate corrective actions for poor quality engineering
- Other duties as required in support of Engineering and Program
Requirements . What You Bring
- Bachelor's degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, or Electrical
Engineering or similar Engineering discipline from an accredited
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and empower a team of subject
matter experts in varying technical disciplines.
- Understanding of aircraft design and engineering processes,
including Model Based Definition, Product Lifecycle Management,
Configuration Management, Configuration Control, ERP and MRP
- Experience with the design or operational support of flight
vehicles or vehicle systems to a set of requirements or standards
such as CFR 14, Part 400, Part 23 and 25, military or NASA
- Excellent verbal and written communication, excellent computer
skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to execute strategic goals and objectives in support of
the overall company goals and objectives.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high
attention to detail.
- Team player with excellent organizational and interpersonal
skills. U.S. Person Requirement
- Because of the export-controlled nature of our technology,
applicants are required to be U.S. Persons (either a U.S. citizen,
lawful permanent resident, or protected individual as defined by
the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22
C.F.R.120.15).EEO StatementVirgin Galactic is an Equal Opportunity
Employer; employment with Virgin Galactic is governed on the basis
of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced
in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national
origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual
orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any
other legally protected status. As part of our commitment to health
and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S.
teammates, as well as newly hired employees. As of October 1, 2021,
all new hires must be able to provide proof that they are fully
vaccinated against the COVID-19virus, ("fully vaccinated" means at
least two week have expired since receiving the vaccination's last
dose as recommended by the manufacturer). If you are offered
employment, this requirement must be met be your date of hire.
Virgin Galactic complies with federal, state, and local laws with
regard to accommodations related to this policy.
Keywords: Virgin Galactic, Tustin , Senior Engineer- Spaceship Actuator Flight Controls, Engineering , Tustin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!