Preschool Teacher - CAS/Tustin Ranch Corps
Company: The Salvation Army
Posted on: November 21, 2022
DescriptionMission StatementThe Salvation Army, an international
movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church.
Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the
love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ
and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.Position
SummaryTo ensure that children are well cared for in all aspects of
the program teaching, playing, eating, resting, organized &
free-play activities, etc. and to provide loving, Christ-centered,
high-quality care & education for young children.Essential
FunctionsIn order to accomplish this, at minimum, the on-duty
teacher must have visual supervision of the children in her care at
all times. Under no circumstances should the children ever be left
unattended or unsupervised.
- Be on duty as assigned, maintaining focus on the children at
- Practice Active Visual Supervision when on duty.
- Ensure that each child is released only to persons who are
- Maintain a healthy & safe environment at all times both inside
- For break or lunch, ensure a qualified teacher is in place
before leaving the classroom or playground to maintain legal
- Work cooperatively with other staff to build a strong working
- Demonstrate high quality creative teaching skills including
age-appropriate planning, goal setting, assessment, positive
classroom management techniques, teacher-made materials, &
implementation of the Christian preschool curriculum.
- Develop & implement age-appropriate daily plans for classroom &
playground activities related to the weekly curriculum theme.
- Plan & implement age-appropriate classroom Bible truth time
related to the weekly theme on a daily basis.
- Capably plan & lead age-appropriate chapel on a rotating
- Develop age-appropriate short & long-term goals for each
student in the class.
- Maintain records on each child in the classroom.
- Perform assessments on each childs progress twice a year.
- Be available to parents as needed & reasonable.
- Maintain confidentiality of family, staff & proprietary
- Communicate all supply & educational needs to the Director in a
- Maintain a clean, organized, creative, inviting,
age-appropriate classroom environment including centers in multiple
- Pleasantly greet children & families upon daily arrival or
departure, while maintaining active supervision of children.
- Develop & maintain warm, yet professionally appropriate,
relationships with client/student families.
- Continue professional growth through staff in-service, college
courses, conferences, & other developmental opportunities,
including completing three (3) ECE units or attending 2 all-day
workshops every 2 years. Must provide certificate of
- Administer appropriate First Aid as needed, using universal &
- Attend mandatory staff meetings & school special events.
- Follow guidelines set in CCP Staff Procedures Handbook, &
policies of CA Title 22, & The Salvation Army Policy for Working
- Other duties may be assigned by the Preschool Director or
Assistant Director.Working ConditionsAbility to walk, stand, bend,
squat, climb, kneel and twist demonstrating full range of motion on
an intermittent or sometimes continuous basis. Ability to grasp,
push, pull objects such as files, file cabinet drawers, and reach
overhead. Ability to operate computer, laminator, Cricut, copier,
fax and telephone. Ability to lift children, boxes, or equipment up
to 40 lbs.Minimum Qualifications
- Minimum twelve (12) units in Early Childhood Education (ECE) or
Child Development. Associate or Bachelors degree preferred. ECE
courses must include Child Development, Child, Family, &
- Minimum two (2) years successful experience working with
- Provide & maintain documentation of current Pediatric First Aid
& CPR training (preferred).
- Must be able to pass a state required physicians report &
- Must clear Child Abuse Index & fingerprint clearance with FBI &
Dept of Justice without a waiver from Dept. of Social Services,
Community Care Licensing.
- If working in vicinity of children a criminal background check
is required with certification for Protect the Mission policies &
procedures.Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Sensitive to the cognitive, emotional, physical, spiritual, &
social needs of children.
- Able to successfully organize, plan, implement, & evaluate
early childhood curriculum in a Christian school.
- Able to successfully complete assigned duties in a timely
- Able to clearly & effectively communicate in English both
verbally & in writing with both children & adults.
- Demonstrate a genuine nurturing attitude when interacting with
- Be professional, punctual, dependable, & responsible.
- Able to function in a fast-paced, frequently changing
- Creative & diligent paying attention to detail & quality.
- Able to work flexible hours including occasional weekends &
- Must possess positive & efficient customer service skills.
- As mandated, report suspected child abuse and/or assist in the
reporting of suspected child abuse/ and or
- CPR/AED: AdvancedEducationPreferred
- Bachelors or better in Early Childhood EducationLicenses &
- TB cleared certificateExperienceRequired
- Minimum Twelve (12) Units In Early Childhood Education (ECE) or
Child Development. Associate or Bachelors Degree Preferred. ECE
Courses Must Include Child Development, Child, Family, &
- 2 years: Minimum Successful Experience Working With
Children.Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals
with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: The Salvation Army, Tustin , Preschool Teacher - CAS/Tustin Ranch Corps, Education / Teaching , Tustin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!